Earnest Sewn Fulton Patriot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Oct 16, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I suppose they may be one wash, but they're surprisingly rigid for that if they are.

Yes, #50. Those are one wash.

That seems like a decent deal at $120 if you're into that sort of thing.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

The #50 aren't one wash, they are technically "Rinsed".

I had a pair of the Fulton's in #50 line dry and I loved them, but they stretched like a mother. On top of the stretching I went on a diet and lost weight so they were nowhere near fitting me anymore. I gave them a cold wash and a high heat tumble and the waist pretty much returned to the spot it was at pre stretch, but they didn't shrink past that. I did notice that they got noticebly shorter though, probably an inch and a half. I then sold these because of my weight loss.

I then got a pair of Fultons in XX rigid. Those fit me perfectly and I loved them dry, they were amazing. They stretched like a bastard and I lost more weight so now I have to sell them. They are size 36 and fit like a 38 still un-washed if anybody is interested let me know. I can wash them if somebody would like.

I now bought another pair of Kyrre's in XX and those are damn near the perfect jean in my book.

I found that the fulton's get too floppy in legs after they stretch so if you dont plan on doing regular washes to srink them back to size you should size down one or two. I don't understand why so many people buy Sewn's already distressed. Well, I guess I can understand it because it is done rather well and it does look really interesting, however their dry denim is amazing. My Kyrre's are cut from Japanese denim and are just great, thick and sturdy denim. I am surprised at how underrated Sewns dry denim is among denimheads.

Oh and for "blank" just to help you out a bit. I wear a 33 in Sewns and in Nudie's Regular Ralphs I wear a 31. However, I buy my jeans where it hurts to button them for a week and I have never owned Nudie's only tried them on so I don't know how much Nudie's stretch, but I would buy Nudie's at a size 31 in comparison to Sewns. I hope this helps a bit.

3. blank

blank Senior member

Oh and for "blank" just to help you out a bit. I wear a 33 in Sewns and in Nudie's Regular Ralphs I wear a 31. However, I buy my jeans where it hurts to button them for a week and I have never owned Nudie's only tried them on so I don't know how much Nudie's stretch, but I would buy Nudie's at a size 31 in comparison to Sewns. I hope this helps a bit.

That is great information, since I'm wearing a 32 in the Nudie Ralf's and I'm looking at buying a pair of the Patriots in a 33, and I don't do the "button the balls" method but I like them slim. If you're wearing a 33 and I'm losing weight, then this could be the right size.

4. patrickBOOTH

Awesome, I am glad I could help!

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I suppose they may be one wash, but they're surprisingly rigid for that if they are. Yes, #50. Those are one wash.
    The club monaco's aren't very rigid for one-washes but christ are they streaky as hell. If I get caught in a slight drizzle, I'm afraid they'll just turn white.

6. blank

blank Senior member

I was able to get them today at Neiman Marcus. I picked up the 32W because the 33 fit a bit too comfortably. The 32 was snug but not too snug, so any stretch will be excellent. Interesting jeans...very blue, sort of trouser-ish in the rear, but I liked the construction a lot, and the price ($113 after alterations).

7. surrender

surrender Senior member

I've had a pair of Fulton line drys since August and they're beautiful jeans, but they've stretched considerably and barely faded despite daily wear. They were about $80 at a Barney's Co-op sale over the Summer

8. patrickBOOTH

Yeah, the length of time that I had my line dry's which was like 3 months I didn't see a single indication of fading either. Before I sold them I washed them and there was no indication of fading on the creases or anything. On the Raw was there is slight indication after like 3 months, but they get no wear, they don't fit me at all. They will be seeing ebay soon.

9. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Got my line dry Fulton's today in 31. I wear 30 in APC NS, 31 in RR wash, 32 in Bootcut Ola wash. It's tight right now and a little uncomfortable but bearable. Thinking about going to 32 but I read that ES stretches alot. Then in this thread, some say it doesn't stretch at all.

Keep it or size up?

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Got my line dry Fulton's today in 31. I wear 30 in APC NS, 31 in RR wash, 32 in Bootcut Ola wash. It's tight right now and a little uncomfortable but bearable. Thinking about going to 32 but I read that ES stretches alot. Then in this thread, some say it doesn't stretch at all.

Keep it or size up?

ES stretches like mad in my experience. I usually size down 1-2 when I buy ES, just like APC.

11. blank

blank Senior member

ES stretches like mad in my experience. I usually size down 1-2 when I buy ES, just like APC.

I sure hope so...I'm picking up my 32's from the tailor today and they will need a little bit of strech!

12. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

in my experience its not quite like APC, I would estimate 1 inch stretch. My 31s measure 32 now. but you are probably fine.

13. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Thanks for your help guys. If they get to 32, it'll be fine. Right now they measure true to size. And in case anyone is interested - line dry really is between raw and washed. It's sort of weird!

14. blank

blank Senior member

Wearing my 32's (Patriot wash) right now, just back from alterations, and they fit surprisingly comfortably. If they stretch to a 33 we'll be golden. But this might also be the impetus to shed the excess gut.

15. Analog

Analog Well-Known Member

What are the knee/hem measurements like on those 32" Patriots?