Earnest request for reccomendations

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by funk_soul_brother, Jul 26, 2006.

1. funk_soul_brother

funk_soul_brother Senior member

Did you like that play on words? I thought it was rather witty. [​IMG]

Ok,

I'm in Korea and unfortunately do not have the luxury of trying on jeans before I order them online. I have browzed through many shopping sites and read many descriptions of the different jeans, but in order to be sure I need some help on sizing and fits in specific relation to ME.

I'm trying to decide on a model of Earnest Sewn jeans. They seem to have a widely respected reputation on this forum, and the opinions here I trust. Y'all are some fashionable folks. [​IMG] <--- *strange that "tongue" is spelled wrong in that smiley code*

I like jeans without all the crazy pockets and extra details. I don't like ripped jeans or jeans with studs or extra pockets all over them, etc etc. Just looking for a good quality pair of fitted jeans that can work in both casual and professional environments.

I was thinking of getting the Hutch Bootcut style, or the Jakimo. There doesn't seem to be much info on this site about the latter style. I like jeans that are fitted and reasonably tight, but not "skinny" style and not tapered at the bottom. (I have size 13US feet: it just doesn't work. haha).

I'm 6'2" and I weigh approx. 180lbs. I'm fairly fit, but not overly muscular and I don't think I'd be considered "skinny" by many people.

Here are a couple pics of an old pair of Diesel Zathan jeans that I own. As I have mentioned before, I'm really new to the whole premium denim market, and as of now these are the only jeans I own which I actually like. Hoping, with your help, to change that. [​IMG]

Reccomendations Please!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

the hutch sounds right up your alley,you can probably see pics of people actually wearing them on revolveclothing.com

3. braidkid

braidkid Senior member

I dont know...I own a couple pairs of the fultons and love them. They are the straight leg, not bootcut. Personally, I prefer straight leg over bootcut. If you're not sure, you can try ordering both hutch and fulton from revolveclothing.com and return the one you don't like.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I'm fond of the Hutch, which is kinda a slim bootcut. If you've ever worn PDC GTOs, they're fairly similar.

5. funk_soul_brother

awesome! thanks for the replies everyone!

another quick question:

i don't really like &quot;stiff&quot; denim. perhaps this is because i don't have any experience with it. but anyway, which wash is the best for a softer, less-likely to stretch/shrink jean?

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

ES jeans are not as rigid as some nudies or APCs etc, they're probably more like Diesel than PDC/Seven though, in terms of softness, but they are quite nice and will likely last awhile...

7. funk_soul_brother

thanks for that drizzt...

still though -- when i look at the Jakimo style on Bluefly, i like the back pockets a bit better than the Hutch. but i wish i knew about how it fit more specifically.

has anyone here bought a pair?

8. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

I have a pair of Hutchs and a pair of Jakimos. I like both and they fit very similar. The Jakimo cut is a tad tighter in the ass and thighs. The Jakimo is the dressier of the two, and looks good with a sportcoat.

9. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I feel that we are brothers.