Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

early fall wedding light grey suit

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by lobbiest, Sep 7, 2016.

1. lobbiest

lobbiest Member

The only suit I have that fits me anymore is a light grey suit supply sienna. It's a nice suit, i've only worn it a few times and I don't intend to buy another suit for a while. I only wear one a couple times a year, usually for... weddings.

I am looking for a little inspiration to make the light grey (which is pretty versatile) work for fall. Any suggestions for shirt/tie/shoes/pocket square? Or should I just go james bond?

2. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

For me.....it would be a white or blue spread collar shirt, burgundy or navy shoes (black as a last resort), a navy or burgundy sweater or tweed vest for contrast and fall colored tie and pocket square. YMMV

Phillip :)

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Distinguished Member

Wearing a navy or burgundy sweater under a light gray suit to a wedding just seems sort of "off" to me--too informal. Ditto a tweed vest. Navy shoes are very hard to find. Black, dark brown and medium brown shoes work just fine with a light gray suit.

A medium or dark blue shirt with a pink or yellow tie is a festive look I like with a light gray suit.

Just my $.02.