• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Early 1900s (1917) Men's Suiting (3-piece, shirt and tie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

merz

Reaction score
1917 black mid-weight wool 3-piece. grosgrain trim. fits like a large 44, small 46. usual sort of stuff, trousers narrowed past the knee. central vent and pocket.. side grosgrain trim on the trousers, around some edging of the jacket (breast pocket, around collar/lapels, vest..).. lined with polished cotton, self-covered buttons..

pants are low-crotch: 28 inches inseam (additional 2 to let out..) 12 1/2 inch rise. 15 1/2 waist
(button-fly, belt loops, internal suspender buttons at the waistband)..7 1/2 at the leg opening/hem

jacket is 28 1/2 inches length nape to hem front, 18 inches pit to pit. 18 1/3 shoulder peak to peak,
22 inch sleeves seam to cuff with additional 2 inches to let out. 5 1/2 inches opening at the cuff.

lot includes shirt and tie, jacket, waistcoat and trousers.

additional photos and details:

Attachments

Last edited:

Ed w

Reaction score
Doesn't fit me, but this is awesome

merz

Reaction score
sold a while back but the buyer flaked so.. back on the market.

Esc8p

Reaction score
Wow, great set! If only it was a little larger.

Craiger

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new dinner suit and it looks like my size. Forgive my ignorance here as I'm still learning, but what is it about a hundred year old suit that makes it desirable? I'm really curious about this stuff.

merz

Reaction score
replied in PM, though i could illustrate further here if you'd like. cheers.

Craiger

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. It looks like an amazing suit, but I'm not sure if it's right for me. I'm sure someone will snatch it up soon enough though. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.