Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by musicguy, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Brittany Paris

Brittany Paris Senior member

The answer to that question, if you need so badly to know, is that this month, on top of me going on vacation to see my fam in Boise, ID, my husband, kids and I are in the process of moving to a different part of WA. The townhouse that we are going to be renting won't be ready until middle of June and so instead of having the chair shipped to my apartment that I'm moving out of, I had it shipped to my uncle's house in my new city. And my husband put it in the storage unit a week before our move so it would be easier to move into the townhouse and won't have the chance to get damaged. None of that was any of your business, but I get how it would sound "suspicious". And the reason I made my husband take a pic of it while I was on vaca is because I am OCD and was sick of the suspense. I wanted to make sure there was no damage to the box.
    But ES670, you have a good point. I think I'm going to open it up in the storage unit. I just hate worrying about having to move it again to the townhouse and run the risk of damaging it.

2. Brittany Paris

[​IMG]Fatgoomba, this is for you. And yes, I call my husband nanner puss.

3. Brittany Paris

Is that proof enough that I'm not a secret agent working for a counterfeit company????? Lol.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Goomba we are angry people how just like to tell people off, you know that. ;)

5. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Lol, this thread makes me feel like an angry person.

6. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Insurance will not pay if packaging has no signs of damage. That is how they operate. It is only straight forward with glass breakage, everything else they will try to deny. YMMW

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  7. Brittany Paris

Well, I'm going to the storage unit tomorrow and I guess I'll open up the box and make sure there is no damage. There will be pictures, trust that.

8. Brittany Paris

[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][​IMG]Soooo... I went to the storage unit today to check the chair for damage and the box was in the back under a bunch of other boxes, so it was impossible to pull the chair out. But I was able to open up the box and inspect the contents. It wasn't full of lemons. The leather on the chair is like buttah and the wood grain is amazing. So until the middle of June, that's all the info
    I have.

9. Brittany Paris

10. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Standard returns period is a month right? So you're basically saying that if there's anything at all wrong with the chair (not just obvious cosmetic damage), you won't be able to return it. Seems like a slightly precarious position to put yourself in.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  11. Brittany Paris

Wrong. There is a 3 year warranty for all parts.

12. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

nm

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  13. SkinnyGoomba

You should find out what the difference is between having a warranty and the ability to make a return.

14. Brittany Paris

You're right. I misread Iamacyborg. I don't know why it matters though! I don't want to return the chair, and if there is anything wrong with it, there is a warranty to cover it! From what I can tell, the chair is made exceptionally well. I'm sure once I post pics of it in my new living room, you will have to say some nasty remark about how inferior of a human being I am. Get a life! :)

15. SkinnyGoomba

I'll think of something nasty to say.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013