1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by musicguy, Aug 9, 2011.

1. odee911

odee911 Member

Wrong, the chair is not junk. I have one and it looks and sits beautifully. Infact their leather is above and beyond the base leather that you get from the herman miller base model. Mind you I have compared both side by side.

2. Brittany Paris

Brittany Paris Senior member

Yeah the leather is amazing. I can't wait to put it all together and melt into it.

3. Brittany Paris

odee911- Have you replaced your chair with the new and improved version yet? And how does that work, do they just trade it out or?

4. twistoffat

twistoffat Senior member

Lol the new and improved version. A classic is just that a classic and only a fake can be improved upon meaning its not as good asks the original

5. odee911

odee911 Member

Yes I have,

Dont get me wrong the one I purchased before was perfectly fine. The new one is just a tad more plush and the new Siena Black pretty much sold me. It is damn buttery!. Also the finished veneer on the inside was a nice touch. What is pretty funny is the Herman Miller version does not come veneer'd on the inside. I think most of the cost upgrade went to the leathers, they really do have a beautiful line of gorgeous leathers that are usually never used in Furniture these days. ( expensive ). It is a +1100 added option just for aniline leather if you go with Herman Miller.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  6. Brittany Paris

How much did it cost to upgrade it? Just curious because I have the upgraded version. Did they take your old chair back? And do you have the new one now?

7. odee911

odee911 Member

$200 for the upgrade, they took the old one back. Was a easy process for me since I live like 10 minutes from their showroom. Yes I have the new one right now, I couldn't wait and took time off work to do the exchange.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  8. Brittany Paris

Pics!!! Please? I'm dying to know what it looks like outside of the box! I hate waiting!!

9. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I'd assume it looks like an Eames chair, no?

10. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Brittany Paris

It's kinda like how I made my husband take a pic of the box the chair is in. I'm OCD like that.

12. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I buy real ones, I'm OCD like that.

13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

14. ES670

ES670 Active Member

If possible, would love to see a side by side comparison between an authentic and a repro. Or at least up close pix of the repro to see the details. Thanks.

15. ES670

ES670 Active Member

If possible, would love to see a side by side comparison between an authentic and a repro. Or at least up close pix of the repro to see the details. Thanks.

16. twistoffat

twistoffat Senior member

17. odee911

odee911 Member

The Rove Concepts one lookts pretty much exactly like the one on the right. The leather even patinas beautifully. I'll post up pics soon!

18. Brittany Paris

Yes, please do post pics. I'll be interested to see some close ups. I'll be waiting impatiently. ;)

19. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

one could just do a little networking with architects and score a real one for just over $2K. Seems way easier to do that than to pour all the research into "which counterfeit chair is the most realistic looking".

1 person likes this.
  20. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

Haha. Vizualize this process. If your time is worth $1/hour...