Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Eames DSR Eiffel chairs

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Luc-Emmanuel, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Anyone know where I can find these chairs at an "attractive" price?

TIA
    !luc

2. Mr_Mike

Mr_Mike Member

digging out this old thread which no-one responded on.

i'm purchasing 5 of the eiffel chairs from Dwell in the UK for £39 each!!! absolute bargain:

http://dwell.co.uk/104297/Eiffel-chair

i'm a big fan of the chair, what are your opinions?:

3. dave

dave Senior member

I love them. I actually prefer them to the saarinen tulips with the tulip table. that said, I do prefer the original fiberglass tubs to the new plastic shells but that's strictly a matter of opinion.

I have a light blue RAR and it's one of my favorite pieces. it's easier to look at than it is to sit in but it's fairly comfortable for short periods at a time.

4. A Y

A Y Senior member

I love them, too. I have 4 of them from Modernica with the chrome Eiffel bases, and blue sidechair seats. They're certainly not as cheap as 39 UKP, though, but they were made from the original molds with fiberglass, unlike the rather antiseptic official polypropylene versions made by Herman Miller.

--Andre

5. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I have one for my desk and it's great. for a simple chair, it's very comfortable over long periods of time.

I would be suspicious if the 39 UKP is the real Herman-Miller piece or just a replica.

6. Mr_Mike

Mr_Mike Member

I would be suspicious if the 39 UKP is the real Herman-Miller piece or just a replica.

Its certainly a replica... the quality is fantastic though for the price. Trouble is at the moment i'm buying furniture for a whole new house. Just can't justify spending £160 for something which is, to the intrained eye, the same at £39 version!