• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E. Marinella shop in London

UK2004

Reaction score
Anyone know what Marinella London store are charging for ties at the moment?

worldrunner

Reaction score
Bump.... To ask the same thing... Anyone know what the Marinella London store is charging for ties at the moment?

philipf90

Reaction score
Bought two ties there a month ago. Ties are £100 a pop which I think is a fair price as I would normally paid ~£140 or so elsewhere for a nice printed tie. These ones seem to be a lot more robust compared to Ferragamo and Hermes.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As most of you might know, Marinella rtw ties are made by machine, exactly a Liba machine. Cost production is exact 2 euros per tie plus fabric ( real prices), so paying 180 euros for a machinemade tie, is not a good invest.

Just paying for a name.

Only their ones bespoke are made to real handmade standarts as per example, my masters of Kiton, Borrelli and others do.

How do i know this?

Because i have practised on what was the biggest supplier for them.

Last edited:

jedwards

Reaction score
Appreciate SartoDiNapoli's input, but, does it really matter if a tie is handmade or not? (Unless they are falsely saying they are).

As it turns out, I have several Marinella ties which are bespoke, (need a longer length) but I really don't see what the difference is as long as the tie is well made. We can get too caught up in this stuff.

As for pricing, expensive stores in Mayfair etc are always going to make the end product more expensive.

But yes, of course, no doubt there are 1001 tie-makers who can make an amazing handmade tie for probably 50€ but we don't all have the knowledge or access to them.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As most of you might know, Marinella rtw ties are made by machine, exactly a Liba machine. Cost production is exact 2 euros per tie plus fabric ( real prices), so paying 180 euros for a machinemade tie, is not a good invest.

Just paying for a name.

Only their ones bespoke are made to real handmade standarts as per example, my masters of Kiton, Borrelli and others do.

How do i know this?

Because i have practised on what was the biggest supplier for them.

Sarto,

Good post this one, if it's true (I am not saying it isn't).

Do you think Kiton ties are worth the price?

How do they compare with those from Capelli?

Best,

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Sarto is a competing tie maker from Naples, I would take his bashing with a grain of salt.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sarto,

Good post this one, if it's true (I am not saying it isn't).

Do you think Kiton ties are worth the price?

How do they compare with those from Capelli?

Best,

Hi, Capelli does the same as Marinella and is confirmed by clients online on forums.

RTW; all seem made by machine with the Liba machine ( 2 euros of manufacturing is the real cost plus fabric) maybe except the handrolled ones that i assume are for real.

The MTO or bespoke are the ones made by hand at the real Neapolitan quality,exact as Marinella does.

Compared to Kiton,the good ones I think are in the same league, the rtw simply not. Do not know if got one sewn as Kiton or two, if anyone can check. This is to save fabric and lower the cost.

The price, personally i think 180e is too much, but they have a name that means all on this business ( sadly) and 99% of people as my hater below buys for the name without knowing what they are handle. That is the fashion ( not tailoring) business and is one of the most important ones on Earth.

As Sarto is a competing tie maker from Naples, I would take his bashing with a grain of salt.

Haters can't handle the truth or have any clue about how a garment is made. Here a prove giving personal attacks.

Last edited:

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to
Right, haters gonna hate.
Nope, people who can´t handle the truth, insult. I do not bash my “ oponents”, i just expose the truth and the low quality. Period.

Kiton might be my oponent right now, if i follow your speech, but won´t ever see me bashing them as they are simply the best ( except for some garments as some rtw suits i even expossed from them, so more to my side ). So your speech is a fail, sorry to say.

Thanks to @Shirtwaven who gave me the youtube link for a Liba machine, as i wanted for years, just for curiosity, to see one of this machines
that of course, are not on any of the arthisanal top quality labs of Kiton, Borrelli and the best ones who were my masters. There is one of this machines( i have been told) outside of Naples and makes for the ones i exposed, but got insults by the usual ones who got any clue.

There is also a machine that imitates the handroll as well that even fooled me years ago. Sadly got any link for it and never have seen the machine.

Compare that to a real handmade tie that might take several hours with just shears, needle and thread and sometimes the manual sewing machine. ( Notice the Kiton logo on the corner)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads