• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E. Marinella shop in London

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KayJay85
Went to the Marinella store briefly. It finally opened on the 1st as someone mentioned before.

Shop was nice but didn't compare to Drake's. Maybe I just didnt like the patterns or the display but I found the selection much more appealing at Drake's. All ties were priced at £140 (though I may have misheard £114) which put them significantly above Drake's.

Space was relatively small, moreso with 3 staff members crammed in. Mainly devoted to ties though there were a few raincoats and accessories (umbrellas etc).

Is it on Maddox Street? I can't find the shop this afternoon.

KayJay85

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst
Is it on Maddox Street? I can't find the shop this afternoon.
Yes it is. Forget the exact address but its east of new bond st (take a right from F Pinet when walking up bond st)

UK2004

Reaction score
Did they have the wallets and card holders?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a photo I took. As others have said - a few doors down from Pinet...
marinella.jpg

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UK2004
Did they have the wallets and card holders?

Thanks to all for pointing out the location of the shop. Service at the shop was most enthusiastic although stuffs are rather pricey. My wife bought a scraf, but I left empty-handed.

Yes, they have wallets and card holders. I think they also have card holders in the same silk as their ties.

UK2004

Reaction score
Thanks for that did you see prices for the ccard holders and umbrellas by any chance?!

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UK2004
Thanks for that did you see prices for the ccard holders and umbrellas by any chance?!

Price tags are most discreet, ie you can't see the prices of items in the shop unless you asked. Unfortunately, I didn't ask about the card holders and umbrellas. Ties are £140 and pocket squares £65. I don't know what the exact prices are like in Naples, but I strongly suspect they are quite a bit lower.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst
Price tags are most discreet, ie you can't see the prices of items in the shop unless you asked. Unfortunately, I didn't ask about the card holders and umbrellas. Ties are £140 and pocket squares £65. I don't know what the exact prices are like in Naples, but I strongly suspect they are quite a bit lower.

That's obnoxious - you can go to Rubinacci and get bespoke for 100 - 125.

mauser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst

Basic ties in the Naples shop are priced at 95 euros so there is quite a bit of markup. Too bad...

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst

140!! that is a bit expensive and its pounds

Lear

Reaction score
Was told today that sizes are:
Standard: 148cm x 9cm
Extra-long: 156 x 9cm

They had a fair selection of both sizes. Also many seven-folds and nine-folds. The only price I can remember is that of the nine-fold extra-long being £200. Some ties will take weeks to make.

The staff were extremely nice. Best customer service I've come across in a long time.

Lear

UK2004

Reaction score
Went here yesterday, was bit disappointed in selection as the place is very small, seems to be colours chosen for the UK market. Will have to visit the Milan or Napoli atelier soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics