E. Green "Exeter"...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AJL, Jan 4, 2005.

1. AJL

AJL Senior member

One of the shoes offered in current sale, but I am unfamiliar with it.

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

3. AJL

AJL Senior member

Very handsome. Similar to the Holborn, but with V quarters? Would this be on the 808 last? They look particularly good in that color--wonder how they'd look in chestnut?

4. jcusey

Maybe 808, maybe 606; it's hard to tell. I pulled that picture off of one of those Japanese sites. I've never seen the shoe in an Edward Green publication. Browsing just now, I found another picture on the Edward Jones website showing an Exeter with a short wing cap on it (kind of like a Kingsway with the V-shaped quarters). In other words, I'm not sure what the default configuration for the shoe is: you probably should ask EG before you buy. They'd look great in chestnut.

5. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. AJL

AJL Senior member

(AJL @ 04 Jan. 2005, 07:50) Very handsome. Similar to the Holborn, but with V quarters? Would this be on the 808 last? They look particularly good in that color--wonder how they'd look in chestnut?
    Maybe 808, maybe 606; it's hard to tell. I pulled that picture off of one of those Japanese sites. I've never seen the shoe in an Edward Green publication. Browsing just now, I found another picture on the Edward Jones website showing an Exeter with a short wing cap on it (kind of like a Kingsway with the V-shaped quarters). In other words, I'm not sure what the default configuration for the shoe is: you probably should ask EG before you buy. They'd look great in chestnut.
    jcusey-- I am at a loss to locate said picture w/ wing tip; could you possibly post it here? Thanks. FYI, while surfing that sight I did manage to get another look at the previously posted Exeter along with info: it is indeed on the 808 last, in antique burgundy.

7. jcusey

I can't: it's embedded in a Flash thingee. Try this link. Then click on the second box on the menu bar at the bottom. Finally, click on the Exeter Special bar on the left.

8. AJL

AJL Senior member

I am still unable to access it; must be a browser/flash media issue. Thanks for trying. [​IMG] I have emailed E. Green regarding the shoes and am awaiting their response.

9. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

How much do they want for those ugly things? And how many models do they stock in the small sizes, Andrew? Not that I'm interested...

10. jerseyguy

jerseyguy Well-Known Member

Here is the one with the wing cap: [​IMG]

11. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

You guys are killing me with these images.

The question is, is owning this shoe worth living off PB&J for another six months?

12. AJL

AJL Senior member

Why Matt, what a surprise to find you here. [​IMG] (like bees to honey, or ... [another metaphor that's not as sweet]) Indeed, the shoes are quite loathesome, so much so that I feel it is my civic duty to remove them from the market so that aesthetically sensitive people like yourself need not worry about ever having to see them again. [​IMG] aka, I only inquired about 7E's (UK), and aside from the aforementioned, they also have a Beaulieu, Berkeley, Cardiff, 2 Southwold's, and a Cadogan. Not as good a selection as last season. Cost is £ 250 + I believe £ 30 shipping.

13. AJL

AJL Senior member

Thanks. I definitely prefer the plain toe.

14. gracian

gracian Senior member

Are the EG sales only once a year?

15. Chilli padi

Chilli padi Active Member

No. Twice a year: in winter and summer.