1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

E. Green, C & J, Paraboot, etc.

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by AJL, Jun 2, 2005.

1. AJL

AJL Senior member

Voici les chaussures (apologize for more big-ass photos): Edward Green whole cut "Exeter" in antique chestnut leather, size 7/7.5 E on the 808 last. New in box w/ dust bags and cloth. Approx. $800 retail. Asking $440. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Crockett and Jones black chelsea boots, size 7E. New in box w/ dust bags (tried on at home). Approx. $400 retail. Asking $200. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Paraboot black boots, Guerny model. New in box (tried on at home). Â Marked 6 1/2; fits like US 7 1/2. Retail $390. Asking $190. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Puma Roma leather and suede sneakers. New in box. Â Marked 7 1/2. Asking $30. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Car Shoe (now owned by Prada) casual lace-up low boots in brown leather w/ nubbed rubber sole. Marked as 7; fit like US 8. Â Worn less than 8 hours total; in near perfect condition (note price tag still afixed to sole). With box and dust bags. Â Retail $325. Asking $65. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Hi. What would be the closest US fit on the C&J's?

3. AJL

AJL Senior member

howdy-- it's between 7.5-8; depends who you ask. I'm generally a 7.5 D U.S., and I have a few other pairs of Benchgrade C&J's in 7 that fit fine, but these didn't fit quite right at the top of my foot (could have something to do with my flat feet). Length is fine for me though.

4. dorian

dorian Senior member

Think I can stretch those EGs to size 11.5/12? [​IMG]

5. Alias

Alias Senior member

Man, what is this? Size 7 shoe season? I already scored those boots from Rider, those suede Grenson Masterpieces from von something-or-other, and now those E&G's are tempting me... curse you, disposable income.

Now I must decide between getting a pair of trousers and getting a pair of these.

6. dorian

dorian Senior member

Get those EGs. They're looking so goooood.

7. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Which boots did you get from RIDER? I have a special order pair of Martegani's on the way, you can see 'em on the site...

8. Alias

Alias Senior member

I probably got the boots meant for you, only they didn't put the medallions on the toes, so I got them for cheaps.

If it was you, please to be ordering more shoes with such defects.

9. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Yeah, that was me. The code for 'medallion' was glossed over the first time - apparently, it's an unusual request. But RIDER was very quick to correct the mistake, and had no problem making up another pair, so full marks to him. Hopefully they'll get here soon... Â [​IMG] EDIT: The model is called "The Mason", apparently (after me). I henceforth dub yours... The "Austerity Mason".

10. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I have a pair of the Exeters in the same color. They polish up so nicely. I use a little cordovan colored polish on the toes. I highly recommend them, especially at the price offered.

Bic

11. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Senior member

Could you please get in some size 13's? [​IMG]

12. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Size 7/7.5. for Edward Green. What size is it? 7 or 7.5? Are those E.G's in U.S sizes?

Beautiful shoes. l am very tempted.

13. AJL

AJL Senior member

It is approx. 7.5 D in U.S. sizing, or 7 E U.K. They are quite nice.

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Does anyone else find EGs run a bit small? I wear U.S. 8 in grenson but 8/8.5 in EG. Just some advice...

15. marc37

marc37 Senior member

Mmmmmm.......you must be speaking to me. So if l am a size 7.5D U.S, will these EG's be too small??? -

Gee: l was really hoping to get a pair of Edward Green on Ebay. Maybe it is too risky. Maybe l may have to pay for a plane ticket and travel to Sydney([and pay full retail $1,250)
    for a pair. At least l will get a proper fitting.

(the size 7.5 U.S Paul Stuart Grenson is tight enough as it is in the toe box. Thank GOD the shoes have stretched, they now are quite o.k).