• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

E. Green, C & J, Paraboot, etc.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voici les chaussures (apologize for more big-ass photos): Edward Green whole cut "Exeter" in antique chestnut leather, size 7/7.5 E on the 808 last. New in box w/ dust bags and cloth. Approx. $800 retail. Asking $440.
Crockett and Jones black chelsea boots, size 7E. New in box w/ dust bags (tried on at home). Approx. $400 retail. Asking $200.
Paraboot black boots, Guerny model. New in box (tried on at home). Â Marked 6 1/2; fits like US 7 1/2. Retail $390. Asking $190.
Puma Roma leather and suede sneakers. New in box. Â Marked 7 1/2. Asking $30.
Car Shoe (now owned by Prada) casual lace-up low boots in brown leather w/ nubbed rubber sole. Marked as 7; fit like US 8. Â Worn less than 8 hours total; in near perfect condition (note price tag still afixed to sole). With box and dust bags. Â Retail $325. Asking $65.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. What would be the closest US fit on the C&J's?

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi.  What would be the closest US fit on the C&J's?
howdy-- it's between 7.5-8; depends who you ask. I'm generally a 7.5 D U.S., and I have a few other pairs of Benchgrade C&J's in 7 that fit fine, but these didn't fit quite right at the top of my foot (could have something to do with my flat feet). Length is fine for me though.

dorian

Reaction score
Think I can stretch those EGs to size 11.5/12?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, what is this? Size 7 shoe season? I already scored those boots from Rider, those suede Grenson Masterpieces from von something-or-other, and now those E&G's are tempting me... curse you, disposable income.

Now I must decide between getting a pair of trousers and getting a pair of these.

dorian

Reaction score
Man, what is this? Size 7 shoe season? I already scored those boots from Rider, those suede Grenson Masterpieces from von something-or-other, and now those E&G's are tempting me... curse you, disposable income.

Now I must decide between getting a pair of trousers and getting a pair of these.
Get those EGs. They're looking so goooood.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which boots did you get from RIDER? I have a special order pair of Martegani's on the way, you can see 'em on the site...

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which boots did you get from RIDER? I have a special order pair of Martegani's on the way, you can see 'em on the site...
I probably got the boots meant for you, only they didn't put the medallions on the toes, so I got them for cheaps.

If it was you, please to be ordering more shoes with such defects.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was me. The code for 'medallion' was glossed over the first time - apparently, it's an unusual request. But RIDER was very quick to correct the mistake, and had no problem making up another pair, so full marks to him. Hopefully they'll get here soon... Â
EDIT: The model is called "The Mason", apparently (after me). I henceforth dub yours... The "Austerity Mason".

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
I have a pair of the Exeters in the same color. They polish up so nicely. I use a little cordovan colored polish on the toes. I highly recommend them, especially at the price offered.

Bic

marc37

Reaction score
Size 7/7.5. for Edward Green. What size is it? 7 or 7.5? Are those E.G's in U.S sizes?

Beautiful shoes. l am very tempted.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 7/7.5. for Edward Green. What size is it? 7 or 7.5? Are those E.G's in U.S sizes?

Beautiful shoes. l am very tempted.
It is approx. 7.5 D in U.S. sizing, or 7 E U.K. They are quite nice.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else find EGs run a bit small? I wear U.S. 8 in grenson but 8/8.5 in EG. Just some advice...

marc37

Reaction score
Does anyone else find EGs run a bit small?  I wear U.S. 8 in grenson but 8/8.5 in EG.  Just some advice...
Mmmmmm.......you must be speaking to me. So if l am a size 7.5D U.S, will these EG's be too small??? -

Gee: l was really hoping to get a pair of Edward Green on Ebay. Maybe it is too risky. Maybe l may have to pay for a plane ticket and travel to Sydney([and pay full retail $1,250)
for a pair. At least l will get a proper fitting.

(the size 7.5 U.S Paul Stuart Grenson is tight enough as it is in the toe box. Thank GOD the shoes have stretched, they now are quite o.k).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.