• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E & G Cappelli tiemakers Napoli

TimMureau

Reaction score
I heard about them... But I have never see any one of his ties. Who have pics of his ties? Who have ties bought by him? And what does he makes for ties RTW of MTM??

When anybody has an answer for me, thanks a lot!

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Ressurecting an old thread here, as there is no info about this maker. I am planning on paying a visit in May, so would anyone be able to give me any info about build a quality, prices and choice of fabrics (wool, silk, cashmere, linen)?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great ties. I have silks, wools and cashmeres from them. There is little of the flashy detailing that you will find on a lot of ties from Naples like bar tacks and obvious stitching, but the shape is very nice and the fabrics excellent.

It is not the easiest place in the world to find.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Hi Matt, would you be able to tell me if the following address is where they are currently located?

Cappelli
Via Cavallerizza a Chiaia, 37
Naples

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yes, that is the right address, but it is difficultish to find.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
yes, that is the right address, but it is difficultish to find.

Is that because of all the garbage?
smile.gif
Hopefully, a taxi driver will be able to lead me there. I am somewhat anxious over this garbage crisis they have at the moment, I hope it will be under control when I visit.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was in Naples two weeks ago, and the area where Capelli (and Ambrosi, Rubinacci etc) is has no noticeable garbage. It is more evident near the station and in the outskirts of town. You will need to walk to his shop. It is on a pedestrian street.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Thanks Matt! As usually, you are a treasure trove of information on all things Neapolitan!

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
How unsafe is Naples?

Reading guidebooks or listening to anyone who isn't an SFer (including Italians) discuss it, it sounds pretty unpleasant at best and downright unsafe at worst.

However thread after thread on SF makes it sound like one of the best places to visit in Europe.

Obviously the clothes (and pizza) from Napoli are great.

My question is whether the safety issue is overblown or whether it is a real concern.

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
How unsafe is Naples?

Reading guidebooks or listening to anyone who isn't an SFer (including Italians) discuss it, it sounds pretty unpleasant at best and downright unsafe at worst.

However thread after thread on SF makes it sound like one of the best places to visit in Europe.

Obviously the clothes (and pizza) from Napoli are great.

My question is whether the safety issue is overblown or whether it is a real concern.

Unless you wear a watch or jewellery, it is a safe place. And if you do not walk alone at night at some quarters.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
Unless you wear a watch or jewellery, it is a safe place. And if you do not walk alone at night at some quarters.

It doesn't sound very safe based on those cautions. Having said that, Rome is not much better, so it's all relative.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis

Originally Posted by maomao1980
It doesn't sound very safe based on those cautions. Having said that, Rome is not much better, so it's all relative.

This is true of every major city in the world. You have to know where you're going and know how to act when you get there. Naples is no different.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
don't wear a watch or any leopard skin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads