• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Mmm...not sure about linen with navy or grey worsted, especially if the former is very slubby. Some less slubby linens might work (Patrizio has some linens that could pass for silk to the undiscerning eye). I think the grey suit would also need to be light grey with pink.

Not seeing a lot of good pink wedding options on P's site. A safe choice would be a fina grenadine (see Hober) or perhaps one of Vanda's VBC hopsack ties. I think Vanda might have pink hopsack.
pink hopsack is a great call

Done.

2EC6F151-8CA2-4D07-821D-14F80F78C52C.jpeg

It’s actually not the regular pink hopsack that Vanda offers but a slightly more vibrant shade that was available through their Hopsack MTO (fabric 398). Love it.

Cappellis are great too. This madder I ordered a few years back has served me well:

9870E935-963B-4D23-AB15-318CD9D35BB7.jpeg

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Done.

View attachment 1193635

It’s actually not the regular pink hopsack that Vanda offers but a slightly more vibrant shade that was available through their Hopsack MTO (fabric 398). Love it.

Cappellis are great too. This madder I ordered a few years back has served me well:

View attachment 1193637

I do enjoy looking at the craftmanship in Vanda and Cappelli ties. Glad to have helped you find what you wanted. Enjoy the wedding.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents

Can I pick your brains? I’ve always bought RTW ties and I’m now wanting to make the transition to MTO/better quality ties. I wear a 4IH knot and prefer a slightly bigger knot - nothing extreme. What should I focus on when ordering in order to achieve the desired effect? The number of folds? Or heavier lining? Or both?

Thanks in advance!

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents

Can I pick your brains? I’ve always bought RTW ties and I’m now wanting to make the transition to MTO/better quality ties. I wear a 4IH knot and prefer a slightly bigger knot - nothing extreme. What should I focus on when ordering in order to achieve the desired effect? The number of folds? Or heavier lining? Or both?

Thanks in advance!
The lining does a play a part but more importantly, you can mention your preference to Patrizio and he can cut the part of the tie where the knot is formed wider.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lining does a play a part but more importantly, you can mention your preference to Patrizio and he can cut the part of the tie where the knot is formed wider.
Thanks for the reply. Should I stick to his regular lining and 3 fold but ask for a wider knot?

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@vriche are you the guy who did the YouTube review of Carmina’s double monks?

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Should I stick to his regular lining and 3 fold but ask for a wider knot?

This is going to be hard to get right since "wider" is a relative term. Wider than what?

I would suggest looking at the gallery here or going on Instagram where there is an #egcappelli tag and @egcappelli user. Look at people's Cappelli ties and the size of their knots. You can DM some of them and they might respond as to how they configured their ties (mine are all lightly lined three-folds).

Then just ask Patrizio for the configuration that you prefer, sending him a picture of the tie in question. That will more likely get you the result you want, but again, there are many variables in respect of knot proportion (e.g. the shape of your collar). Having patience with a process is key (nothing is every "perfect" the first time).

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is going to be hard to get right since "wider" is a relative term. Wider than what?

I would suggest looking at the gallery here or going on Instagram where there is an #egcappelli tag and @egcappelli user. Look at people's Cappelli ties and the size of their knots. You can DM some of them and they might respond as to how they configured their ties (mine are all lightly lined three-folds).

Then just ask Patrizio for the configuration that you prefer, sending him a picture of the tie in question. That will more likely get you the result you want, but again, there are many variables in respect of knot proportion (e.g. the shape of your collar). Having patience with a process is key (nothing is every "perfect" the first time).
That’s a fair suggestion. Thanks ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads