• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I heard back from DHL. They say they handed it off to USPS for final delivery and provided a tracking number. The USPS tracking information says it was delivered to "Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room." I live in a single-unit property with no front desk, reception area, or mail room.

I submitted a claim to USPS, but have done so previously and never received a reply. I tried calling the local post office, but got no answer and their voicemail box was full (same thing happened previously).

Update: The package arrived today. It looks like it’s another case of USPS marking a package delivered before it actually is, probably to meet a metric.

I've experienced this exact scenario, with the same bizarre front desk, etc delivery info, after which I received my package the next day or possibly 2 days later. Very odd.

Satmoche

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to place an order for wool cashmere ties and twill silk too.
I will get the cashmere ones unlined as he recommends. Does anyone have a tie on 8.5 or 9 cm to see what a knot looks like on a four ind hand?
For the twill silk, does that make a significant difference if you choose a light interlining compared to the regular? Again, any photo with the width above would be great if anyone has.

Thanks.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to place an order for wool cashmere ties and twill silk too.
I will get the cashmere ones unlined as he recommends. Does anyone have a tie on 8.5 or 9 cm to see what a knot looks like on a four ind hand?
For the twill silk, does that make a significant difference if you choose a light interlining compared to the regular? Again, any photo with the width above would be great if anyone has.

Thanks.
The silk twills vary in substance, but I'd say that generally, when paired with light lining, you'll get a less substantial knot than you would with the medium/standard lining. You get a wonderful, floppy tie, but the knot can be a bit narrow and more prone to show lumps from folds of the fabric under the surface of the knot.

Because of that, I sometimes tie a Knize knot instead of a 4IH with the ties that I have from Patrizio that are twill or lightweight madder and made with light interlining. I still really like them that way though. These are twill and madder, all 9cm, and I think with Knize knots, but some might be 4IH.

Satmoche

Reaction score
The silk twills vary in substance, but I'd say that generally, when paired with light lining, you'll get a less substantial knot than you would with the medium/standard lining. You get a wonderful, floppy tie, but the knot can be a bit narrow and more prone to show lumps from folds of the fabric under the surface of the knot.

Because of that, I sometimes tie a Knize knot instead of a 4IH with the ties that I have from Patrizio that are twill or lightweight madder and made with light interlining. I still really like them that way though. These are twill and madder, all 9cm, and I think with Knize knots, but some might be 4IH.

Thank you kindly for your insight and all these pictures.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mr. Six
Do you know if the third and fourth tie above are the ones that just went up on the Cappelli site?

https://www.patriziocappelli.it/shop/madder-ties-pc2865/
https://www.patriziocappelli.it/shop/madder-ties-pc2863/

The ones on the site seems to have a little bit more pop in the colours.

Could be, but if so, someone really did some wild adjustments to the photos. Mine have very subdued colors. Email Patrizio and ask for a photo. And now I have to check if he also potentially restocked the burgundy version, which I regret not getting.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Woah! Those are beautiful. Care to share the links?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you have the link to this one?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah! Those are beautiful. Care to share the links?

Other than the ones that have might just been restocked, I think those are all sold out. The blue one (first photo) is more recent, but I didn't see it on the site.
Do you have the link to this one?

That one has been sold out for a long time. I think that one of the other well known tie makers might have a version of it right now, but I can't remember which one. Sorry, that's not really helpful.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend 6 fold + standard lining for madder silk ties or 3 fold + heavy lining?

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend 6 fold + standard lining for madder silk ties or 3 fold + heavy lining?

I would not recommend the heavy lining for Cappelli madders (or any Cappelli ties). The madder silk is beautiful and more durable than some other makers, but very dry. Even on standard lining with 3 folds, it can take some tugging to get a nicely shaped knot.

I strongly endorse 6 fold with light interlining and don't think you will find it lightweight or flimsy in the slightest.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can see my post above with three-fold and light lining madders. I agree with helden that 6fold with light or 3-fold with light or medium is the way to go.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling these ties

IMG_20200916_144557.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads