1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Well-Known Member

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

Love that one in the center!

3. Loathing

Loathing Well-Known Member

The one in the centre is my old school tie.

I have a Q. -- I'd be grateful for any answers:

Has anyone tried Cappelli's linen ties? I've been thinking about a few for the impending summer.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Well-Known Member

Lovely ties Eustace. I have 5 on the way right now from the webstore. Bought them saturday, and already shipped. That in itself is pretty impressive...
    Pics of two of the ones I bought ( pictures are from ebay, where someone is selling the same ones - Cappelli´s photos aren't really anything to write home about):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

steffen, are your ties from the outlet section, or otherwise standard length + width? I'm impressed by how fast they shipped!

6. steffenbp11

RDiaz, all from the outlet selection. So standard 3-fold, 9 cm width and 150 cm. I don´t really need anything more fancy :)

7. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

Oh man! My ties shipped already and should reach me tomorrow. So happy I'm finally gonna have at least a few more ties to play with!

Great service - for a custom order like this, even if it's just 2 custom ties, I was expecting it would take longer. I'm pleasantly surprised [​IMG]

8. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Well-Known Member

Some new ties, huh.

10. marblehouse

marblehouse Well-Known Member

Patrizio is really amazing.

When he sends over new fabric photographs sometimes they are absolutely lovely, but I'm not sure if the images are from the mills themselves:

[​IMG]

11. steffenbp11

I already posted this pic in the recent purchases, but the ties are so lovely, they deserve as much exposure as possible:) As mentioned earlier, I ordered saturday, and they were here in Denmark tuesday. I wrote Patrizio to thank him and express my satisfaction, and here literally answered within minutes. All 5 are outlet ties, but the brown stripe is unlined, which is nice of course, but not a big deal for me..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  12. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

Very nice, steffen.

PC really needs to do a better job photographing the ties for his website - they're far nicer irl.

1 person likes this.
  13. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that's from a scanner he has at the bottom of his workshop. He has an office space down there with a scanner and computer.

1 person likes this.
  14. steffenbp11

An overhaul of his webstore would surely boost his sales, but maybe he isn't really interested.. Better pictures and at least a mention of the ties' colours would be a good start. Then again, that might mean less choices and higher prices for those of us brave enough to go by the current photographs...

15. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

+1

16. rrosals

rrosals Well-Known Member

Are they unlined 3 fold?

17. Averroes1198

Averroes1198 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about ordering also the Bordeaux knit. How's the quality?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  18. steffenbp11

Rrosals, 4 of them are 3-fold with a light lining. The 5th is unlined. The standard for the outlet ties is 3-fold with lining.

19. rrosals

rrosals Well-Known Member

Thank you. I order some standard 3 fold but would like a smaller knot so will ask for the lighter lining next time.

20. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

Well, I can only compare to other crappy knits I have owned, but the Cappelli seems pretty good - the silk has a crunchy texture, a beautiful weave, and ties a nice FIH knot without effort.

Pretty happy with my other purchases too, though next time I will ask for lighter lining - I had no idea their standard lining was so bulky. It's not of bad quality - quite the opposite, but I prefer something softer, like what E. Marinella uses.