1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

My experience is a bit different. My Hobers are slightly more heavily lined than my Cappellis (if both cases I would have bought whatever was the default at the time of purchase), although I agree that both are substantially heavier than Wu.

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Do the outlet ties tend to be made the same (basically a rtw) or true outlet? I have 3 ties from the outlet that are fantastically made, but tie a small knot because of their shape. Curious if all will be like that

3. doomx

doomx Senior member

Have you tried DFIH knots with Wu ties?

4. misterflood

misterflood Member

The one Wu I kept I tie with a knize knot. It helps but I prefer not having to deal with that sort of thing.

5. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Yeah now I avoid Conrad Wu silk Macclesfields. Cappelli sounds like it'll be right up your alley

6. daily34

daily34 Member

[​IMG]

New bespoke madder...

1 person likes this.
  7. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior member

Hi, did you order this online? Love the tie, but can't find it on the website.

8. daily34

daily34 Member

Hi.
    Hi

Sorry,This fabric is no longer sold.
    Patrizio made for me

9. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

great green color

1 person likes this.
  11. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Some great ties/looks in here! Lead time still about 2 weeks for those who ordered recently?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  12. Bespoke DJP

Bespoke DJP Senior member

Dear Gents

It seems that Patrizio is preparing himself for the Summer!

I was checking some linen ties and every time I was returning to the linen collection and the site was refreshed, new ties were appearing and kept on appearing: 11 in total! Some are revisits of existing offerings, while other are new.

Enjoy them!

Dimitris

13. Bespoke DJP

Dear Mr. Six,

As I am planning to order ties at 8cm of width and I would like to know how much tapered such a tie is, could you please measure with precision and post the exact width at 15cm and 30cm distance from the widest (8cm) point from your tie?

I tremendously appreciate your input in advance.

Best,

Dimitris

14. RFHansen

RFHansen Senior member

1 person likes this.
  15. AJL

AJL Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. I too have admired this tie for some time, and have also taken the plunge just now.

Cheers!

16. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

17. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

just an observation but I believe the blue background on mine may be somewhat different to the one shown on EGC right now

Loveable all the same :)

18. AJL

AJL Senior member

You may well be right, though the ties in general appear somewhat under-lit, I merely attributed it to that. As the gatekeeper to the site, one must gaze upon your lovely specimen as they cross through the Cappelli portals.:worship:

edit: re-comparing the two, it appears you are correct: your background is a mid blue, and this current iteration appears to be a deeper blue. I really love that medium blue, it's so striking, but we'll see how this one turns out.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  19. Bespoke DJP

Dear @Mr. Six

Thank you very much for your input; it surely gives me (us) an indication of the degree of tapering of an 8cm EGC tie.

Best,

Dimitris

20. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd call the original version "indigo" as it's a bit purple. I strongly suspect the new batch will be the same as the old regarding the ground. The website can be slightly off for colors. Generally, it's in the right hue, but doesn't get the saturation or brightness right. On one occasion, though that was a rarity, the website struck me as giving the wrong hue (I think it was brown for burgundy).

If getting the color precisely right matters, I would email Patrizio and ask for a shot of the fabric. That will get you in the ballpark of the actual color (of course, the photo can still be off too).

Still, in any shade of blue, that pattern is great.

1 person likes this.