1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

This season, Drake's has picked up the challis medallion that Patrizio made up a few years ago (e.g. the Indigo that is on the banner of the Cappelli website, from Cleav). They have all the colorways, for those of you who missed out on Patrizio's stock (I think he has the burgundy still, which I highly recommend):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI7d8zYD-po/?taken-by=tweedyprof

I suggested doing the green in madder rather than challis and Patrizio is game to see if this is possible. In hindsight, a madder version will be close to the above WTL tie I have in green so I might see about other madder versions (perhaps blue).

Still, this design was rather popular as was the similar pattern in madder like the WTL tie above, so there might be interest. Let me know. I'll keep you informed.

[​IMG]

2. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

OK, Fall can come now, my glutinous 6 tie order from Patrizio has arrived. Few comments and learnings. First time buying some outlet ties (green, blue and tan neat). The blue and green are both unlined in the sense that the blue is a 7 fold and not sure on the green, but neither have a liner. Early returns indicate tie knot is not as large as i prefer, so lesson there. Also quite a bit of variance in the width of the blade at the tie point despite length only varying 2-3 inches from my standard.

The two grena fina i did not pay up to have him roll the edge. That was a mistake - the point isn't quite as crisp and the tie is lacks a bit of 3 dimension-ality. These nit picks exist only in the world of SF. I'll love them just fine. The burgundy challis now seems to be sold out - i might have gotten the last one. Really excited about that one. Green has a real richness to it IRL. I've put myself on restriction for the A/W season...:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Seven fold ties also contain an interlining (the "liner") at the top of the tie that is not seen by the consumer.
    Have you considered trying the gluten-free ties?

1 person likes this.
  5. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I have a 6-fold outlet tie that really was completely unlined. The knot wasn't big enough. Patrizio graciously agreed to add lining to it for me. Now it's great.

6. WillingToLearn

Very helpful 6, thanks. I may take the same route. NSM comes in November and i could have them take the ties back to Patrizio. Old fashioned system...seems silly to go to the trouble of fedex just for one or two ties.

7. TweedyProf

@WillingToLearn

A very nice haul, especially from the outlet. I've been mulling over a tan tie for winter.

Ok, passing on pics from Patrizio, Challis and Madder...you know who to call.

Madder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Challis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Just got dinged $140 CAD in duties upon receipt of 3 Cappelli ties ordered from the e-store... The pain makes me wish I liked these ties less, but my god, they're phenomenal.

9. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

even with that fee spread across the cost of the 3 ties ... they are still cheaper than Kiton, Brioni, etc....and much much better.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  10. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

You're absolutely right... hence why I don't own any Kiton or Brioni ties...

The ties are unequivocally fantastic and I will be purchasing more in the future, they're just more than I'm used to paying for ties.

11. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

Why are “much much better”?

Better than Kiton is impossible by several technical reasons ( the main one I can´t reveal but is obvious if any compares the back of each maker), so Capelli doesn´t reach the Kiton standard on several parts.

Than Brioni, any proper Neapolitan tie is better than a fashion market one as those.

Explained here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/508123/neckties-a-discussion-thread/990

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  12. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

13. WillingToLearn

Yes, A4, see previous page in this thread for a pic of 6 ties I recently purchased, including rust grenade A4.

14. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

15. TweedyProf

regimentals in silk twill...would love it if he could do some of these in raw silk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. Cleav

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. Cleav

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Cleav

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. WillingToLearn

My biggest Cappelli regret, missing that one. Cleav, I have to see it everytime I shop the site, and now you post here...dapper scoundrel!

Seriously, your fits are always so exceptional I study them, and I notice that PS for the second time recently. You also wore it in that all blue fit, looks quite versatile, could you provide some details on it? Thanks

20. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

This one didn't make it to the webshop, and I don't know whether Patrizio has more of the fabric. 9 cm x 148 cm, self-tipped, lightly lined. In retrospect, medium lining might have been better--the knot stays tied but feels a bit wimpy. A reminder to ask Patrizio before buying.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.