• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
just for the record, these are the three on the way :D

_AMD

Reaction score

just for the record, these are the three on the way :D

I really do love that first one. I also have that one on the way. Pliny, cezhino, and one other member that I am forgetting right now were the nail in the coffin on that one for me.

ocsine

Reaction score
I emailed Patrizio about a bespoke-length knit tie and he told me it was impossible.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score

I emailed Patrizio about a bespoke-length knit tie and he told me it was impossible.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I thought so when I was wondering whether he can make knit ties at exactly 7cm of width (on this recent discussion you may check pages 66-68). It is understandable that length is far easier!

Should you wish to discuss further on knit ties you are welcome to visit a recently-started thread on this subject; you - and any other fellow SFer of course - may find a sales opportunity that has been just discovered!

Cheers

Dimitris

http://www.styleforum.net/t/517582/quintessential-knit-ties-comprehensive-discussion-appreciation

teoky

Reaction score
I've just placed order on these 2 :)

Anyway, there's a very limited amount of the following drake fabric (green) in twill silk left, maybe down to the last tie length, so if anyone is interested, better get them fast!

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score

B8 is actually more of what I would call a wine color. Below is a picture of my Grenadine Garza B8 from Patrizio. I think the color is a little better represented than the swatch online.

Hi,

Thank you again for the information and posting this picture. BTW, the Gun Club SC looks great!

Grenadine Garza B8 looks like it has a redish tone, but I would not call it wine (perhaps dark brick?); consider that wine=burgundy whereas Grenadine Garza Burgundy HAS to be B4. Any thoughts?

Just to visualize things better, can you post a picture with both A4 and B8 side by side?

Cheers

Dimitris

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would people be up for posting some older Cappelli's that are no longer available?

I'm curious what has come through in the past. In part, I wonder whether Patrizio can reorder some of the fabrics in the future. I know some are in the gallery, so if you have favorites of yours that you think are quite special (and that we should envy), do post.

Cheers.

Dinjango

Reaction score
Would people be up for posting some older Cappelli's that are no longer available?

I'm curious what has come through in the past. In part, I wonder whether Patrizio can reorder some of the fabrics in the future. I know some are in the gallery, so if you have favorites of yours that you think are quite special (and that we should envy), do post.

Cheers.

I really like this large white medallion that gusvs has.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any US based folks on here do actually want to try and get a GMTO going, I'd be happy to be the hub/shipper.

Note: NOT for free, but at a substantially reduced shipping rate, which would certainly be open to input as to what's fair in such a case.

Let me know, as it would also give me the push to finally nab some myself
nod[1].gif

junglcmndo

Reaction score
I'd be interested in GMTO if I could adjust length and width. Not sure if that's an option though. Not that picky about actual tie lol.

cezinho

Reaction score

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@cezinho which tie is that?

A few raw silks from Patrizio some of which he is planning to order. For fun, I picked three in each bunch (there were others, but lighter background that I thought difficult to wear, e.g. white, ecru). I generally opted for lighter/brighter colors for spring/summer. Obviously, I don't like yellow but it might work for some of you. I'm sure he will get some in yellow.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Cleav

Good tastes then! Which others would you have chosen? I actually might opt for the burgundy to the right of the blue and left of the red one I chose in the first group. If the red is too bright, then hard to wear for me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads