1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by davesmith, Feb 21, 2012.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Pics Helden please. Am enjoying this Drapers linen today

[​IMG]

PSA: good deal on it at ET @davesmith in 8cm width

3 people like this.
  2. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

@TweedyProf

Natural light shots of G1, @Cleav -style :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. TweedyProf

Thanks @WillingToLearn

I'm torn between that version and a Drake's version that's similar and perhaps slightly lighter.

[​IMG][​IMG]

But that's a damn fine green tie and I may yet pick it up.

Your jacket reminded me of this new fabric which Patrizio sent me this morning. For those of you interested in glen plaid, this is a nice blue plaid (looks like three shades of blue from the swatch). Silk-linen of English origin. I particularly like the light blue overcheck. I'm not above wearing this in non-wedding settings with a navy blazer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. WillingToLearn

Hmmmmmm, I'd have to say, I'd love that as a SC. Maybe not so much a tie. Think he'll sell me 2.5m? :)

1 person likes this.
  5. TweedyProf

It would make a great SC for sure, but a fine wedding tie too. Email him to ask him the source of the fabric. I wouldn't be surprised if it's from a jacketing book as often, many of his fabrics are. Do let us know from where if you find out.

Here's the tie that the fabric above is replacing (this one below has a dark blue overcheck on b/w). Pretty standard wedding tie configuration, but I like the lighter blue which continues to "de-formalize" it.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

Thinking of commissioning a jacket like this. Full body pics please. Is it hard to wear? Is that more a brown/cream or black/white?

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Well done!!

1 person likes this.
  8. TweedyProf

If the close up is ok in your eyes then you should be fine. This is brown/cream so resolves to a light brown from the distance. Definitely don't go for black/white or you'll end up with a mid grey jacket. I'd wear solid ties with the jacket or block stripes.

To be contrary to that advice, and as this is a Cappelli thread, here's the late lamented indigo challis medallion that's on the website as the masthead, and, as requested a distance shot of the giacca...sorry had to screenshot from my IG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. WillingToLearn

It would make a great SC for sure, but a fine wedding tie too. Email him to ask him the source of the fabric. I wouldn't be surprised if it's from a jacketing book as often, many of his fabrics are. Do let us know from where if you find out.

-------------------------

In the ~12 hours since our exchange I have emailed patrizio, he secured 2.5M for me, arranged to have it shipped and took payment. The service is outstanding by any measure and such a nice guy. I am taking a bit of a flier on the fabric; his english isn't good enough that I wanted to pester him with questions about the material, but the cost was low, so low risk. If i don't like it for a SC, I'll send to Patrizio for a tie! I wonder how many CMT ties he does?!! :)

4 people like this.
  10. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

I don't know why it took me so long to realize the incredible value that buying direct from Cappelli presents. Controlling length, width, tipping, and interlining (with Patrizio's able assistance of course) means that you can get ties perfectly balanced for you in beautiful fabrics for substantially less than most good off-the-rack brands sell for at retail.

This will have been obvious to most in this thread, of course.

The knots aren't too shabby, either.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Patrizio is the best...

1 person likes this.
  12. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Did he drop you a line on the fabric composition (weight, makeup, etc) or the mill, by chance?

13. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

very well put @heldentenor you are completely correct

Patrizio has got it all right :nodding:

14. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I would definitely recommend that anyone who finds themselves in Naples arrange to meet up with Patrizio. Drop him an email and schedule a time. He is a great guy and its awesome to get into his atelier and pick out cloth from his myriad of selections. He has a keen eye and great taste...even in his personal wardrobe...his advice is on point.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  15. TweedyProf

I've been looking at some of the photos I've asked from Patrizio in the past and finally found this comparing the two blue GP linens that are still available. Anyway, might be of use to some of you.

[​IMG]

Shaya is selling one that seems much brighter blue than the one on the top right, perhaps it's this on the bottom right. I wonder how much is in the shop that isn't on the website..

[​IMG]

And just to have all the GPs in one place.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  16. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Does anyone have experience with the difference between the light, regular, and heavy interlinings so far as twill prints are concerned? In particular, how does it affect the knot. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ac

17. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

^ If you go back a couple/few pages I posted some comparison pics of "standard" and "light."

1 person likes this.
  18. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Thanks. Did you come away with any personal preference?

Cheers,

Ac

19. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I prefer the light lining but it is a tradeoff. With the lighter fabrics and a light lining the knot isn't quite as robust. The drape of the tie is nicer though. With the thicker lining the tie still drapes some but I find it takes a little life out of the fabric. With thicker lining and thinner fabric the knot is a bit better. But with challis, thicker madder, other thick silks, and wool/cashmere the knots are all fine with the light lining. I ask Patrizio but overall like the light lining best.

1 person likes this.
  20. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

[​IMG]

6 people like this.