• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He has a lot more fabrics available than is displayed at the online shop. Just email him and ask. That's what I do. Every now and then I email him and ask. Of course, I don't expect him to show me it all because he has a lot of fabrics available. In that regard, it's better if you know what you're looking, i.e. brown twill, or challis wool, or madder etc. He's very helpful.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? I'm looking at the same limited edition ties for the past 12 months....

Also haven't spotted any additions to the twill & jacquard lists...

Somebody mentioned here that he has Many more designs in store than online, I was just wondering if it was possible for him to send pics via e-mail.

1. He often updates his site.

2. His English is excellent.

3. He will email pics.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. He often updates his site.

2. His English is excellent.

3. He will email pics.

1. Agreed.
2. I wouldn't say excellent, but communication with mr. Cappelli has never been a problem.
3. Yes. He'll even take comparison shots for you if you ask for it. He is very helpful in every regard.

C&A

Reaction score
some new patterns for summer that are not on his site but can be ordered via email

Last edited:

GTT1

Reaction score
How long does he usually take to deliver? I live in Europe and ordered 15 days ago but have not heard from him since. Does anyone have any experience of approximate delivery times?

Tony Montana

Reaction score
How long does he usually take to deliver? I live in Europe and ordered 15 days ago but have not heard from him since. Does anyone have any experience of approximate delivery times?
Really depends on how busy they are (assuming you have ordered MTO stuff). Two weeks would be normal at the moment, I guess.

GTT1

Reaction score
Of course, the day after my post, it arrived! The dispatch notice had gone into the spam folder...

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the ‘Search’ function on the Cappelli website actually work? No matter what term I search for (most recently ‘brown’, which one would think would return a good many hits) I get the message “There is no product that matches the search criteria.”

Cheers,

Ac

Tony Montana

Reaction score
Does the ‘Search’ function on the Cappelli website actually work? No matter what term I search for (most recently ‘brown’, which one would think would return a good many hits) I get the message “There is no product that matches the search criteria.”

Cheers,

Ac

The search function only searches the text content you see on the website. Since he doesn't type "brown" anywhere for his brown ties you won't get any results searching for "brown".
Basically, it's only any good if you know a fabric code (for whatever reason, e.g. if a friend told you he bought #B2) and want to look up the respective tie.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics