• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geez, I couldn't help it - got two more challis ties. That's six ties and two pocket squares. Some people from here make bigger orders, but they're probably not as poor as me. I'm crazy.

Patrizio was extremely friendly once again, which makes spending so much money a pleasure
tongue.gif

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was expecting them around next week, but here they are... all wool challis, minus the one to the left on the second row, which is madder.

tdude

Reaction score
awesome, I have the one on the right second row, and I have a madder that looks like that one, but there were several in that pattern, so not sure. great stuff

Last edited:

Balfour

Reaction score
I wanted to pass on a good news story.

I ordered three ties online from Patrizio. The quality was exceptional, but I noted that the interlining used was thicker than is my preference. (This is of course a matter of taste, but my preference is for very supple / soft). I mentioned this to Patrizio to see if this could be sorted out for future orders. He immediately volunteered to remake the ties with softer interlining, at no cost to me. They arrived today. I do not write many recommendations on Style Forvm (in fact this may be my first), but I could not be more impressed with the service I received.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm impressed. Service is great per se, but that is just amazing.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Want. Need. Must have the tie showing above the "Twill silk tie" section http://www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog/index.php

I've browsed through the twill ties three times, but can't manage to find it. Anyone want to help out on this one? It looks perfect to my eyes: toned down, muted and sublime. Thanks.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just copy the pic and email it to Patrizio and ask him if he has any more of the ties or of the silk.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to say, I prefer the "house shape" of these Cappelli's ties compared to Hober's.

I ordered ties from both Cappelli and Hober in the same overall dimensions. (3.35 x 58)

However, the Cappelli ties have more taper towards the skinny end, which I prefer. You end up with a thinner knot. (Next time I'll ask for this modification from Hober)

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to say, I prefer the "house shape" of these Cappelli's ties compared to Hober's.

I ordered ties from both Cappelli and Hober in the same overall dimensions. (3.35 x 58)

However, the Cappelli ties have more taper towards the skinny end, which I prefer. You end up with a thinner knot. (Next time I'll ask for this modification from Hober)

First of all, fabolous ties.

As for the dimensions, I usually purchase my ties 3,55" from Cappelli. I like the shape so much that I asked for the same dimensions on my first Hober order. So I'm not familiar with Hober's house style. But for comparisons sake, would you mind measuring both your Cappelli and Hober ties at the following points from the wide end:
15", 18", 23" and 26".

That should provide a good view of the tapering.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

First of all, fabolous ties.

As for the dimensions, I usually purchase my ties 3,55" from Cappelli. I like the shape so much that I asked for the same dimensions on my first Hober order. So I'm not familiar with Hober's house style. But for comparisons sake, would you mind measuring both your Cappelli and Hober ties at the following points from the wide end:
15", 18", 23" and 26".

That should provide a good view of the tapering.

Here's a 3-way comparison between a Hober, Cappelli and a Marinella. Should give you a sense of the taper. The Hober has a significantly less tapered blade. The Cappelli and the Marinella have more or less the same taper.

Hober
Widest: 3.35
15 inch up tie: 2.8
30 inch up tie: 1.5

Cappelli
15 inch up tie: 2.5
30 inch up tie: 1.3

Marinella

15 inch up tie: 2.5
30 inch up tie: 1.3

It's probably good that I have ties in both tapers. The Hober's are more suited to wider spread collars on account of the thicker knot. The Cappelli's/Marinella's are better for button down collars where you want a thinner knot.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads