• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unprocessed

Reaction score
Is it normal to get ties a bit wider than what was ordered? I had a request for 3.15 inch width and got two ties with 3.25. Surprisingly looks noticeably wider than what I’d expect, especially since I always go with ties between 3-3.15 inch width. On a positive note, I ordered the ties a few inches longer than I have previously and they tie a much nicer and bigger know with effortless dimples.

Attached is a width comparison between my new tie (Burgundy) and an older tie (Brown) I ordered in the same width (3.15in)

Attachments

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to get ties a bit wider than what was ordered? I had a request for 3.15 inch width and got two ties with 3.25. Surprisingly looks noticeably wider than what I’d expect, especially since I always go with ties between 3-3.15 inch width. On a positive note, I ordered the ties a few inches longer than I have previously and they tie a much nicer and bigger know with effortless dimples.

Attached is a width comparison between my new tie (Burgundy) and an older tie (Brown) I ordered in the same width (3.15in)
Nice ties! Link?

Looks to me from the pic like Patrizio has changed his pattern to a bottle neck like pattern. Could be that he translates inches to cm and rounds up. FWIW, I ordered a dozen ties from him last month and didn't notice any difference compared to my older ties.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Nice ties! Link?

Looks to me from the pic like Patrizio has changed his pattern to a bottle neck like pattern. Could be that he translates inches to cm and rounds up. FWIW, I ordered a dozen ties from him last month and didn't notice any difference compared to my older ties.
Here’s a link to the burgundy: https://www.patriziocappelli.it/shop/ties/twill-silk-ties/twill-silk-ties-pc2145/

Light brown madder: https://www.patriziocappelli.it/product-category/ties/page/3/?swoof=1&pa_color=brown&really_curr_tax=66-product_cat

bbob2013

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm VAT to US will or will not not be deducted? I suspect not, I got all the way to placing an order, and it was still there. I emailed, but I think there may be translational issues with how I'm phrasing the question to them.

Any recent US experience?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe the prices are without VAT, so no further reduction.

fassbinder

Reaction score
for Europeans the price includes VAT, outside of Europe the price doesn't include VAT. this is naples and this is how it works.

bbob2013

Reaction score
I think maybe it was a site issue, VAT was being added. A few days later it calculates accurately. Thanks folks, I share when I get an order in.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nvm.

Last edited:

BXpress

Reaction score
FYI one of the nicest madder fabrics seems to be back. It looks brighter in the website photos so you might verify with Patrizio that it's the same one I'm wearing on the right, if you are interested.

View attachment 1262667
I have that one in blue (posted a couple of pages back) and no matter which tie i buy it is for me the best Medallion print ever. Alternatively, both are available here:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 28.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%