E-BAY's "MPTOBIS" - any experience with this seller?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by englanderjk, Jan 23, 2008.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

FWIW - The same thing happened to me when I bought a pair of EGs at Saks. I also wore them for a day before realizing that one of the shoes was a 1/2 size small.

They "found" me the second shoe in the correct size - though the inside labels were different and the color of the leather was imperceptibly different.

Anyway they made the exchange - no issues and gave me $100 store credit to boot.

oh please...saks and an indvidual seller are two different things.

2. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

3. ZhiMingBuFanDe

ZhiMingBuFanDe Senior member

[​IMG]

4. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

I hope The Final Word is not an actual attorney, because it would be idiotic and unprofessional for an attorney to advocate his client's case on any public forum. This thread is full of epic fails and successes at the same time.

5. rajesh06

rajesh06 Senior member

oh please...saks and an indvidual seller are two different things.

I basically agree but in theory both are doing the same thing: selling merchandise so they have the same responsibility: to provide the merchandise that the customer ordered.

6. Flimsychicken

Flimsychicken Senior member

I hope The Final Word is not an actual attorney, because it would be idiotic and unprofessional for an attorney to advocate his client's case on any public forum. This thread is full of epic fails and successes at the same time.

Dear MikeO:

I don't know about "pretty" or "dumb," but you may be the worst attorney I have ever come across.

. . . Since it apparently was not taught in your law school, "libel" is defined as "a written statement that maliciously damages a person's reputation." . . .

Not to mention the accusation of libel in the same breath as the accusation of being "the worst attorney" ever seen.

7. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

Subscribed. [​IMG]

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This shit is real now! We have lawyers involved and everything.... can we get some pics of the shoes for evidence please? "If it didnt fit, you must acquit!" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

[​IMG]

...and that's the final word!

10. butterflystyle

butterflystyle Senior member

[​IMG] SUBSCRIBED.

11. Alter

Alter Senior member

+1

12. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

This really needs to be quoted in the chance that Mr The Final Word comes back and edits his post.

Dear MikeO:

I don't know about "pretty" or "dumb," but you may be the worst attorney I have ever come across. Surely, as an attorney, you understand that your writings and admissions here are admissible with regard to the matters at hand.

In a clear attempt to intimidate my client, you threatened, via e-mail, to disparage him on this, and other, online forums. Thank you for the link. I could never have gathered so much evidence without it. Since it apparently was not taught in your law school, "libel" is defined as "a written statement that maliciously damages a person's reputation."

I am also in receipt of the "claim" you sent to my client wherein you threaten that, if you lose the dispute with Paypal you will sue him, and that "At a minimum [he] will have to retain a lawyer in Tulsa County (Young guys around here charge $150-ish an hour) or get a default judgment against [him]." And that you will "spend more money making [his] life miserable than [you are] out now. "That's just the kind of person that I am." I appreciate the clever statement in your e-mail that you are not "trying to scare" him. Don't worry, he's not scared. I am also in receipt of a copy of a small claims complaint, no doubt intended to intimidate my client further.

Surely as an attorney you must know that threatening a party with the exorbitant cost of litigation in an effort to coerce settlement on favorable terms is intimidation and extortion. The Oklahoma State Bar confirms that such threats are also ethical violations. I am certain that this is not the type of behavior your firm expects of a junior associate who has been licensed for almost two whole years. I note that you have spent most of this work day posting to this forum from your office. Yes, I called your office and the receptionist confirms you are there. If I were your managing partner, I would have questions about your billable time today, your value to the firm, and about whether you used office equipment to effect your mis-conduct. I would also have serious concerns about the level of legal intellect that has informed your actions.

As a seller of integrity, my client takes his reputation very seriously. The terms of sale clearly required that: (1) all returns be made within 14 days of the purchase date; (2) the product be in original unworn condition; and (3) the product be accompanied by a product return form. Despite your failure to meet any of these simple requirements, the seller still attempted to accommodate you. You met his generous offers with childish rants, illegal threats and public harassment. It appears you must believe that two years of practice has conferred upon you the almost god-like status of attorney, that the rules don't apply to you, and that you can intimidate others with your status. This is exactly the type of conduct that has caused the general public to be disdainful of lawyers.

No doubt you will benefit from the lessons taught here today and will be a better lawyer as a result.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sincerely,
    The Final Word

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

This really needs to be quoted in the chance that Mr The Final Word comes back and edits his post.

Very good call sir.

Can anyone recall a time where "legal [​IMG]" intervention came into play in a thread?

14. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

And with a username as 'The Final Word' it would only be appropriate to chime in again since it his word is no longer so.

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Damn, you fucked up Mike O. You should have kept on wearing the shoes for three, maybe four months and then asked for 75% of your money back.