1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

E-BAY's "MPTOBIS" - any experience with this seller?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by englanderjk, Jan 23, 2008.

1. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

Although i never get to deal with this seller, but they gave me a terrible image, and really disrespecting their customers or potential customers.

I would have blocked you even faster.

Your english is fucking horrible, you sound like a scam buyer. Like, someone who will receive the item, then use the correspondence as "evidence" in a fraud claim, and try to keep both the money and the item.

Not worth the risk.

Why do you even ask the seller if the item is authentic? Do you expect that the seller will reply, in writing, that they sell counterfeit goods? Do your own homework

2. musicplay3

musicplay3 Member

I would have blocked you even faster.

Your english is fucking horrible, you sound like a scam buyer. Like, someone who will receive the item, then use the correspondence as "evidence" in a fraud claim, and try to keep both the money and the item.

Not worth the risk.

Why do you even ask the seller if the item is authentic? Do you expect that the seller will reply, in writing, that they sell counterfeit goods? Do your own homework

you are trying to say that emails sent with bad english should be blocked?
    whats wrong with me emailing them with questions?
    what if my typed english is horrible? chill the fuck out bro.

3. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

I would have blocked you even faster. Your english is fucking horrible, you sound like a scam buyer. Like, someone who will receive the item, then use the correspondence as "evidence" in a fraud claim, and try to keep both the money and the item. Not worth the risk. Why do you even ask the seller if the item is authentic? Do you expect that the seller will reply, in writing, that they sell counterfeit goods? Do your own homework
    Shit. This is the first time I have ever agreed with anything you've posted. Bigbris, I mean NORE, thinks you are racist.

4. musicplay3

musicplay3 Member

chill out ppl.
    im just providing my experiences here.
    no need to be all aggressive and shit.
    who cares if i ask questions formally or not.
    why the fuck does it matter anyways?

5. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

you are trying to say that emails sent with bad english should be blocked?
    whats wrong with me emailing them with questions?
    what if my typed english is horrible? chill the fuck out bro.

Other than your feedback score, your typed English message (grammar and content) is all the seller has to go on. Lets break it down:

Grammar: you sound like a 12 year-old American boy. This means that you either are a 12 year old boy who hijacked his daddy's account and shouldn't be buying $500 gucci jackets on the internet, or you are a grown man who is so dumb he writes like a child. Not good in either case.

Content: you asked a question which, whether or not the item is authentic, will either be answered "it is authentic" or will not be answered at all. The question will not provide any valuable information. This shows horrible reasoning skills. The reasoning skills of a child or a dumb adult.

So what if the buyer has low reasoning skills and is perhaps a child? Say I shipped an authentic Gucci jacket and you receive it, and you wear it to your bar mitzvah and some stupid girl asks you where you got it and you tell them: on ebay for $500. The stupid girl says "what, only $500, it must be fake". Then later you message me saying you would like to return it because you aren't sure it is authentic, because you don't have enough intelligence to use basic reasoning to do your homework beforehand, or to understand that stupid girls don't know shit. You expect me to take back your worn jacket? I would rather not deal with you in the first place.

I've had a buyer ask me if Edward Green Shannons I sold them were authentic, AFTER they received it with the box AND EG shopping bag. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

I actually registered this account on here just so I could write about this seller. So I was going to buy a gucci jacket off them and I wasnt sure if they are trustworthable buyer so I searched and found my way here. There are some good comments and some bad so I thought I'd give it a try. I have bought some fake or flaws items from ebay before which was not what it seemed on the site before I bought them. So I always be questioning the buyer before I actually buys it. I sent an email about the item I am going to buy and asked why they charge so cheap and is it really authentic gucci? The respond i get was : If you are not comfortable with our products, it is better for us not to be dealing. I mean, it is customers right to be questioning about the item so they dont get scammed right? And anyways, after an email and 2 asking about the item and get email replies thats telling me dont buy if i dont trust them, I decide to still buy it. And to find out they blocked me off from buying. I called them because i thought this is unfair, blocking me off merely because i asked few question about the item, the lady on the phone said, we just dont want to work with you, and hung up. I had to create an account on here and announce it. Although i never get to deal with this seller, but they gave me a terrible image, and really disrespecting their customers or potential customers.
    So you sent 3 emails questioning the authenticity of that jacket? I might not handle it that way but I can see how the seller would be annoyed and just rather not deal with you. The seller's reputation/feedback/items should give you a good idea of the authenticity as well as the jacket designer being identified as Gucci and the listing stating in writing that it is 100% authentic. Not to mention that the jacket is rather obviously Gucci. What more assurances can the seller give you? And by the way
    I'll sell you that exact same jacket for more money if it makes you feel safer. Seriously.

7. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

MPTOBIS - A good legitimate seller. I have purchased many items from him/her/them(?) and did not ever need to question their authenticity. Anyone with half a brain can tell that the seller deals in authentic goods.

Besides, what do you hope to accomplish from sending a seller an email asking for verification of the authenticity their items? It is like asking your girlfriend/wife whether or not she slept with her boss everytime she comes home from work. If she did sleep with the boss, she would never admit it. If she did not, she would be pissed at you and probably give you the boot.

If I was that seller, I would have ignored your emails and if you purchased my item, I would have refunded you on the spot and promptly relisted the item banning you from bidding on my stuff.

8. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Senior member

Racist!
    What is racist about this comment? Are poorly educated, stupid people now a race? Come on, obviously the guy doesn't come across as being very intelligent and he was blocked because he appeared to be a problem customer to the vendor. None of this has anything to do with race!!!

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

It was a joke. Settle down and get back on your meds.

Sheesh.