• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dylan's "Street Legal"

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...is underrated. Probably his darkest album up to that point. The contrast with Desire is amazing. I think there are some real gems on there, not the least of which is "Where are you Tonight (Journey through Dark Heat)", which has some of his most brooding lyrics. "New Pony" and "Baby, Stop Crying" are also epic. Just wanted to throw this out there 'cause it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

fffffut

Reaction score
"dylan"
"underrated"
"no"

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Changing of the Guards is also epic...

"I've shined your shoes and moved your mountains..."

I'll always have a soft spot for this album as the Street Legal tour was my 1st Dylan show.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what record has 'dark eyes'?
confused.gif

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
what record has 'dark eyes'?
confused.gif

Empire Burlesque I believe.

Street Legal has memorable tunes.

Can you tell me where we're headin', Lincoln County Road or Armageddon, seems like I've been down this way before . . .

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I agree it is underrated. Get the SACD, it's the best digital version. Slow Train Coming is also underrated.

I just got the Royal Albert Hall 1964 LP.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those albums are all his worst. Even compared to other artists' albums they're terrible. All the wit and passion of his earlier albums was supplanted by discordant droning rhythms and cliched Christian lyrics.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Those albums are all his worst. Even compared to other artists' albums they're terrible. All the wit and passion of his earlier albums was supplanted by discordant droning rhythms and cliched Christian lyrics.

It really depends on what you're in the mood to listen to. I know this statement invites a witty retort, but that's just kinda where it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads