• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dying Young

Mr T

Reaction score
Enjoy all the seasons of your life.

Great avatar and quote BTW. I need more Seinfeld references in my life.

"Good for the tuna."

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For balding try Propecia and or Minoxidil, they may or may not work, otherwise keep your hair short. Wigs no matter how good always end up looking stupid most often from angles you can't see in the mirror. If you are going to colour your hair have it done by a pro.

Stay in shape, it's not hard just work out 3 times a week and eat a reasonable diet.

For your face, have a laser facial once or twice a year.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can always maintain control of your weight with proper dieting. Sunblock and moisturizers Juvederm/Artefill/Radiesse injections for the big facial folds/jowls Facial exercises No smoking and excessive drinking/partying. Look at Lindsay Lohan's wrinkles. Good Genetics

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Costanza
Cliches aside, moisturizers? Hair coloring? How far do you go? Has any of the Stones got it right? I personally think Charlie is closest.
Rolling-Stones_15.jpg

I find the Rolling Stones have aged fairly well in the sense that they have not become fat and balding unlike many men.

Costanza

Reaction score
I grant you they have the fat part licked, but the hair color?! At some point in one's degeneration coloring the hair just points to the skin below it:

3956242.jpg

Given the odds, of going bald I'd say they were VERY LUCKY that not even ONE of them even went a little thin...
sarcasm.gif
sarcasm.gif
sarcasm.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're dying your hair when you get older, the rule is to always go lighter. Jagger would look more natural if the hair was closer to very light brown/blond.

Costanza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fang66
Wigs no matter how good always end up looking stupid

fa19be2f-5f57-54ab-b9f0-d313cdcf7b48.preview-300.jpg

Costanza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
They do all have a bountiful coiff, not even a receding hairline it seems.

I did the math. At the conventional rate of 60% bald at 60 years old, the chances of the four Stones having that hair is .4x.4x.4x.4 or 2.56% or 1 in 39. Bill Wyman still has hair too, so extending the math, that's a 100 to 1 shot.

Did I sound bald there?

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Quit drinking, smoking, doing drugs. Read up on nutrition and exercise as much as possible. Every cookie you eat makes you uglier, fat boy. Every cigarette makes you more of a craggy-faced creep. Every drink makes you more likely to do something embarrassing, ********** health and brings you one step closer to a limp-dicked ineffectual middle age. If you do this in your early twenties you will be way better off and may avoid mental illness, loneliness and that thing your uncle has where he proves his 'hipness quotient' by showing off his U2 tickets or Keith Haring prints. Badges of misplaced pride that he once thought made him culturally interesting and 'down with the kids' slowly collecting dust and age.

cimabue

Reaction score
Whoa, I like your style slugger.

They say you have the face you deserve by fifty.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're going to look like ****, inevitably. The best you can do is 'looks good for an old guy,' which is still **** compared to a young buck. Older guys are judged more on their charm, taste, accomplishments, and wealth. The worst thing you can do is hold on to values of the young.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Costanza
Your reward for for not doing so could be any or all of the following:

Gaining weight all over or having it redistributed disproportionately to your abdomen

Wrinkling and relative drying of your skin, especially that most normally exposed to the elements

Hair on the top of the head diminishing and/or greying while it vigorously erupts from new locations

I won't even go into the less tangibles like diminished mental accuity and libido, the tragedies of the onset of serious disease, or the many social and economic negatives that accrue if you've played your cards poorly or been unlucky.

How do you cope with these things visible signs gracefully? To what lengths should one go to treat, hide, or disguise them? When do those measures go too far? What tips do you offer others?

Not to be an ass. But I will happily accept these 'rewards' as my life continues. I'd rather live a happy life that continues rather than a happy life that ends 20 years early.

Coping with 'visible signs' is up to the individual. If I've lived a great life thats made my features worn then I'm ok with that and I sure won't hide it. To be honest, I hope I live a long life and at the end of it my features show the character I've hopefully built over the years.

... I'm young so I get to judge you and if I were to guess your young too... over thinking tons of **** and assuming things too. If you weren't young you'd have accepted these things by now... Basics are basics and if your not a fool, you take care of your finances and yourself then life takes care of it self. You take care of you. period.

Costanza

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cimabue
Whoa, I like your style slugger.

They say you have the face you deserve by fifty.

+1 That was a righteous rant.
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads