• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dye C&J Weymouth Black - Who?

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
If they are a 7.5E UK, just sell them to me. That shoe is on my short list.

I have a pair in black UK 7.5E which is on my short list to sell... PM if you'd like pics
devil.gif

fox81

Reaction score
you could always run a bit of deglazer over it and then polish them up.
not too much though

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is the way these shoes wear. I've seen it with most brown Weymouth's (a pair or two in person and in pics). Some to varying degrees than others, depending on the leather. Looks like you got a pair that may be slightly more prone to the prominence of the creasing. I wouldn't say they look cheap, but I can see how you don't appreciate the look when you have other shoes that don't look like this. As for what to do. You'll need to get the leather dyed by a professional. Ron Rider is the man.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You could send them to Ron Rider, who can make them look the way you want. He is the best when it comes to anything of this sort. I don't personally think they look bad, but, Ron's your man.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie
Whattup,

The leather on my relatively new C&J Weymouth's looks like crap. They're about 8 months old or so, been worn maybe 30-40 times.

Though advertised as dark brown (and they arrive that way), wearing them completely washes out the color in most parts of the shoe.

See the 3rd picture: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...53#post3334253

I expect comments like "moisturize them," but I assure you that is not the issue, the crust leather just looks ******.

Anyway, I'm not willing to wear them anywhere the way they look now (don't like brown for bars/night-time, and look too ****** in daytime), so I wonder if they can be dyed black, who would be good for doing that, and how much it costs? Suggestions?

I'm thinking black because that must be the hardest to screw up. Would they still have a "pale" quality due to the crust leather, even after being dyed?

I had a similar problem with mine. I started using Saphir Dark Brown cream and it restores them to that nice dark brown color.

archetypal_yuppie is right that discoloration especially on creases looks awful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads