• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dunhill wallets on ebay

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems that dunhill wallets on ebay are going extremely cheap. Was wondering if anyone knows if they are authentic? Or has had any experience with them.

Kaga

Reaction score
I wouldn't put much faith in them.  There is a lot of fake Dunhill being sold.  It is particularly popular in China (Apparently there are dozens of Dunhill stores there) which can only stoke the trade in fakes. They won't apologize either.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
 Or has had any experience with them.
I bought a breast pocket "Dunhill" on EBay (box and all), for about $75. LabelKing identified it as a fake on this forum. I believe him.

Kaga

Reaction score
They can fake anything, including Certificates of Authenticity.

According to one source, someone presented Giorgio Armani with a Chinese forgery of an Armani watch as a joke gift. He found it was so well made that he shifted his watch production license to China.

While I don't think any real Dunhill is made in China, many of the Chinese licensees for designer labels will put out unauthorized versions of the same designer goods they make. It's not just a Chinese problem; I've read of the same thing happening with Tods' Italian suppliers.

tgfny

Reaction score
(demeis @ April 18 2005,11:59) Â Or has had any experience with them.
I bought a breast pocket "Dunhill" on EBay (box and all), for about $75. LabelKing identified it as a fake on this forum. I believe him.
I got one at their outlet for $60 at Woodbury Commons.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT,April 18 2005,12:12
Originally Posted by demeis,April 18 2005,11:59

Dunhill has an outlet at woodbury commons? oh and thanks for your responses. The prices seemed to good to be true.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least it's real and not made of plastic. So you got a good deal, and at less than what I paid for a fake. Not being content to be fooled once, I then bought a Dunhill card case from SmartBargains ($50.00). Maybe that's real (but the box quotes the price in Hong Kong dollars. Hmmm...). Dunhill leather goods were high quality in the '80s. As I haven't seen a real one lately, I don't know what yours looks like (gallows humor). Hopefully, it's still high quality and you'll get real use out of it.

tgfny

Reaction score
(tgfny @ April 18 2005,12:14)
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT,April 18 2005,12:12
Originally Posted by demeis,April 18 2005,11:59

Dunhill has an outlet at woodbury commons? oh and thanks for your responses. The prices seemed to good to be true.
At least they used to. Got some pens and a cigar cutter as well at a big sale. Have never used the cigar cutter as I don't smoke cigars. Then again I have a Dunhill humidor that I got in one of the outlet's big sales filled with Cubans that makes me a welcome guest at bachelor parties.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh i have been there fairly frequently for the past few months and i haven't seen one. I have never seen anything of decent quality leather goods at saks or neiman, or barney's. The only place that has decent leather goods is coach and i'm not a fan.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(tgfny @ April 18 2005,12:14) I got one at their outlet for $60 at Woodbury Commons.
At least it's real and not made of plastic. So you got a good deal, and at less than what I paid for a fake. Not being content to be fooled once, I then bought a Dunhill card case from SmartBargains ($50.00). Maybe that's real (but the box quotes the price in Hong Kong dollars. Hmmm...). Dunhill leather goods were high quality in the '80s. As I haven't seen a real one lately, I don't know what yours looks like (gallows humor). Hopefully, it's still high quality and you'll get real use out of it.
I really don't trust Smartbargains -- they sold me an espresso machine that they said was new when it came with milk splatter and residue on it still. But Bluefly has some Dunhill at acceptable prices. FYI Dunhill's markup on leathergoods is rather high. For basic leathergoods like wallets the trad craftsmen are better -- and likely Dunhill's source too.

tgfny

Reaction score
Yeh i have been there fairly frequently for the past few months and i haven't seen one.  I have never seen anything of decent quality leather goods at saks or neiman, or barney's.  The only place that has decent leather goods is coach and i'm not a fan.
I guess Richemont closed it. Found some great Riedel stemware one time there for like $10 a stem. Haven't been to Woodbury in a few yrs.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dunhill was selling stemware?.

tgfny

Reaction score
Dunhill was selling stemware?.
Sorry I was unclear RJ. Meant in Woodbury. Was surprised to find the sommelier series in one of the stores there that cheaply.

HoustonBusiness

Reaction score
It seems that dunhill wallets on ebay are going extremely cheap. Â Was wondering if anyone knows if they are authentic? Â Or has had any experience with them.
I'd be very cautious. Â There are certain brands that seem to be favorites of the counterfeiters, and Dunhill is one of them. Tiffany & Co. is another. Â Tiffany actually conducted its own sting operation, the results of which led to Tiffany filing suit against eBay itself for its alleged role in contributing to the infringement of the Tiffany trademark. Â Here's an excerpt from the USA Today article reporting the filing of the lawsuit: "Tiffany had two employees work full-time policing the site and forced the shutdown of about 19,000 auction sites on eBay, he said. This year, Tiffany randomly bought silver "Tiffany" jewelry on eBay and found that 73% of it was counterfeit, 5% of it was genuine and the rest was promoted as "Tiffany-like" but not promoted as genuine." I got stung on a "Dunhill" purchase from a seller who, at the time, had 100% feedback and an address in the United States (as opposed to China or other havens for counterfeiters). Â I bought a wallet that looked quite authentic on eBay, but when I received and examined it the wallet was clearly a fake. Â It had an almost plastic-like appearance. Â The seller tacitly confirmed my suspicions when I challenged him on the wallet's authenticity and he responded with (paraphrasing) "I bought a large lot of items from an online outlet and they represented to me that everything in the lot was authentic." Â For that reason I simply won't buy Dunhill from eBay auctions.

manouche

Reaction score
Is this one a fake ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads