• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dunhill suits

ezboy1000

Reaction score
I am so cheap... I want to hold off and ensure I get my 20% first time discount, but there's nothing in blue that is in my size except for the crappy Dunhill.

Hmm... I think I'll stall them for a few days and see if they get anything new in. I don't know how long I can do that for but I'll try it as long as I can.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ezboy1000
I am so cheap... I want to hold off and ensure I get my 20% first time discount, but there's nothing in blue that is in my size except for the crappy Dunhill.

Hmm... I think I'll stall them for a few days and see if they get anything new in. I don't know how long I can do that for but I'll try it as long as I can.

If you have a credit card that is billed to your office. . . I'm sure you can figure out the rest
wink.gif

ezboy1000

Reaction score
After reading this I am fairly pleased that I kept the Brant from STP, particularily at $288. Yet I know many here wouldn't wear Brant if it was given to them, lol.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...8/ai_n14952869

Arnold Brant is going for the gold with its new Black Label collection of full-canvas suits and sport coats made in Italy. Breaking with its ongoing made-in-Canada tradition, Montreal-based SFI is launching a new better collection of tailored clothing for spring under this new label. The line will be made in two top Italian factories and will push SFI into a new high in retail prices with the suits retailing from $1,000 to $1,500.

ezboy1000

Reaction score
The suits from STP arrived in blazing time - 2 days to Canada. I also got past customs
smile.gif

The black label Brant is actually very nice and full canvas. The cloth is noticably better than Brant mainline, supple hand. The cloth is lighter than I thought, more spring summer weight, drapes beautifully. The silhouette is trim, fit is very much like my Canali suits.

It is much, much higher quality than the Brant made in Canada. My tailor had never seen the black label and was immediately impressed (relative to the brand) - even more so when I told him what I paid for it.

For some reason the Dunhill was shipped to me even though I tried to cancel it. What junk! I had to take it to show my tailor. I wouldn't let him see the label, didn't tell him the make, and asked him to look at the jacket and tell me what he thought the suit retailed for. He told me he thought it was "Jack Victor" and retailed for "between $650-750". Funny, looking at it I thought the same thing. Not only is it fused, but the cloth felt like coverall fabric, the cut was boxy as anything, and the shoulder pads made me feel like I was trying out for the NFL.

The upshot of this: I called STP and they told me to return the Dunhill. I asked them if I exchanged it instead if I could still get the 20% off. So, I ended up exchanging it for 2 more suits. Is that against the rules?

Anyway, here they are:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4...t-For-Men.html

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/4...l-For-Men.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics