Dunhill Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by odoreater, Jun 25, 2006.

1. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

What's the word on the Dunhill suits on STP? I see they have some pretty interesting patterns that would be great for going out at a pretty reasonable price, and I vaguely remember heraing good things about Dunhill. However, the descripton on STP doesn't say anything aobut whether it is canvassed or fused, which usually means that the suit is fused. Any opinions?

2. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I bought the gray w/kiwi green pinstripes one. The jacket was fused, the fabric felt cheap, and I returned it. Very disappointing for Dunhill standards. It was made in Japan, while all the Italian-made ones I've seen in person at outlets have been very nice, so maybe the country of origin has something to do with it.

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I bought the gray w/kiwi green pinstripes one. The jacket was fused, the fabric felt cheap, and I returned it. Very disappointing for Dunhill standards. It was made in Japan, while all the Italian-made ones I've seen in person at outlets have been very nice, so maybe the country of origin has something to do with it.

That's pretty unfortunate. I was thinking about the Wool Windowpane Suit because it looks like it might be pretty cool to wear out on the town (especially during the day), but I don't want to waste time, effort and money to get it shipped just to try it on and see if the material/cut is worth it [​IMG]

4. hanker565

hanker565 Senior member

hmm...i'm pretty sure i saw the same model at an outlet recently (it had the same MSRP), and i wasn't impressed...it was also fused

it also had a better price if i remember correctly...if there are any off fifth's around you, you should look around there

5. thinman

thinman Senior member

hmm...i'm pretty sure i saw the same model at an outlet recently (it had the same MSRP), and i wasn't impressed...it was also fused

it also had a better price if i remember correctly...if there are any off fifth's around you, you should look around there

Excellent idea. My local SOF got a slug of Dunhill suits, blazer, and jackets in last week.

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Thank you for the suggestion. There are actually a couple of SOF's around here, so I'll take a look.

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Excellent idea. My local SOF got a slug of Dunhill suits, blazer, and jackets in last week.

I'll second that. There are a few VERY nice Italian Dunhill suits at my local Off Fifth. One of which is absolutely great and fits me perfectly. Full canvas, too.

8. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

SFA(NYC) had a few Italian made Dunhills on clearance last week. I was told that SFA would no longer carry the line.

9. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Hey if anyone plans on doing an off fifth run and would be willing to make note of the 38r selection and/or be a mule, let me know. The nice quality Dunhill's are really awesome.

10. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I believe that the Italian Dunhill suits are made by Zegna. The ones I've seen are extremely nice.

11. Earthmover

Earthmover Senior member

The Made in Italy are made by Zegna; the inside label matches up exactly, and the suit is extremely comfortable and highly recommended. It is disappointing to hear that the made in Japans are not at least canvassed. For the amount they charge, that is very disappointing.