• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dunhill suede bomber - where to find

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hello gents
i'm after a harrington style suede bomber, preferably in brown (tobacco or dark brown). looks like dunhill made a gorgeous one last season, but they havent made another one similar for this year. i found he jacket on yoox but its in navy- and i would much prefer brown

any ideas on where i could purchase something similar to the dunhill one - picture below. seems ralph lauren purple label has made a similar jacket in the past too, but i cant find anything from this season thats similar. is there m2m or bespoke makers people can recommend, or better going RTW for this type of piece? any advice appreciated

favourite style option:

jyYagQc.png

this collar seems more popular this year (but i think i prefer the top version). this version isnt bad, but the colour is too light for what i'm after
MMkxbIh.jpg

Penny_pants

Reaction score
If your ok with buttons instead of a zipper, Valstar makes a gorgeous one in both chocolate and butterscotch. Collar is sorta in-between the two also.
butterscoth.jpg
chocolate.jpg

lovelux2010

Reaction score
If your ok with buttons instead of a zipper, Valstar makes a gorgeous one in both chocolate and butterscotch. Collar is sorta in-between the two also.
View attachment 858308 View attachment 858309

those are both really beautiful. the only issue i have - when i was young and slim i could pull off italian menswear RTW. but i find as i get older (am stockier now) - i find the italian stuff always looks a little bit tight on me. may vary brand to brand, but i'm too lazy/cant find time to spend trying on loads of brands.

british or american brands see to fit better (although i'm only 5'8 so things too long). hence why i was thinking dunhill or ralph lauren purple label.

also just came across Stoffa. they seem to make one similar to the dunhill version i like - its m2m - so not going to be cheap but should get a better fit
they visit london for trunk shows - so i've enquired as to the pricing

i may go for a slightly looser fit if i have one designed - but i like the simplicity of this one
Yf6GHYl.jpg

https://stoffa.co/pages/outerwear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads