• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dunhill Lighter, Real or Fake?

dmbp

Reaction score
I have come across a dunhill rollagas ligher with the barley pattern.

Are there easy ways to tell if its real or not?

It has the dunhill logo engraved on the bottom and on the inside of the top along with a "made in switzerland" on the bottom.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Are there easy ways to tell if its real or not?
If it works reliably...it's probably a fake.

I've owned a Dunhill, Cartier, that super cool Dieter Rams Braun table lighter, and this sexy, super thin titanium Porsche Design from the early 80's (with it's own rosewood case).

They all had the same thing in common....expensive, great pedigree, quality materials, stylish....and quickly stop performing their one simple function...making fire. Even a couple of Zippos I've had weren't worth a crap.

I've heard the Duponts are more reliable, but I've never owned one.

Out of disgust, I just go to the dollar store and get whatever they have. They stop working too...then you throw it away and spend another dollar.

Better yet, I actually like "matches" (if anybody even remembers those). But gone are the days of clever custom books of matches that every bar, club or restaurant used to give out...the ones people collected in giant brandy snifters on their coffee tables.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I love coming across good quality matches that never fail to light even in the wind. Very hard to find these days. I like the idea of collecting good ones I come across and storing themsomwhere in the apartment.

Anyway, though I like the look of fancy lighters, I am happy with $1 models from the gas station. Have never had a problem with them before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads