Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dunhill Custom Shirts - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Wongtouski, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Wongtouski

Wongtouski Senior member

Gents,

Wondering if anyone here has experience getting a shirt done from Dunhill? I saw a video of it on youtube and I'm intrigued. I live in HK and I haven't asked the price/lead time yet, just wondering if anyone has experience with them. I'm also thinking of making a custom Brooks Bros shirt for the hell of it, which is 900HKD for the regular non-iron fabric. Is that a good deal?

Cheers

2. Porkpie

Porkpie Well-Known Member

Don't know much about Dunhill custom, but I am sure most on the forum would point you in the direction of a few other custom shirtmakers before Dunhill. Just mu thoughts.

3. Wongtouski

Wongtouski Senior member

Don't know much about Dunhill custom, but I am sure most on the forum would point you in the direction of a few other custom shirtmakers before Dunhill. Just mu thoughts.

Yeah I would agree with that, I'm in a curious stage in my "sartorial career" where I just want to try different avenues. I made a couple shirts with Peter Lee in the entry level price range and I enjoy it, but out of sheet laziness (of picking fabrics), I wonder if getting once done thru Dunhill-Brooks is the way to go. I know I will like the brooks one because I love the non-iron as its a great backup if I'm too busy to iron. But yeah, feel free to chime in folks.

4. Porkpie

Porkpie Well-Known Member

Just from reading older post in the past everything is centered around what your budget is. What a good option for you depends on what you are willing to spend. I would rather have a Kiton shirt altered by a good tailor to fit then a custom Brooks Brothers. If you search the B&S section there are a ton of deals on much better shirts then BB & Dunhill. I'm done, nothing wrong with exploring different options like you are.