Dumb things we see in the gym...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by aleeboy, Dec 8, 2008.

1. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

1) Girl in Cambridge, Mass. Would do chest press machine with 1 plate weight (5 lbs?) for 10 reps, then sat on the bench and read her Vogue magazine for 5 minutes, then repeats.

2) Girl in Brazil on Stairmaster. Wearing very, very thin white see-through tights, and a black thong leotard over it. She also had a hat with a flower on (which she removed) and a straw purse with flowers on it, which she set on a the timer/rack. She looked great...

2. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

^^^ No problems with #2.

3. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

There is this fat, old guy at my gym who always makes lound grunts on every lift. He is extremely loud, too. I can be all the way across the gym and hear him "RRaaaaghhh". Also, he is "fat-man strong". This means he weighs probably 225 (5'10"), curls 30 lb DB, shrugs with the 75 lb DB and benches 200 BB.

4. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

There is a gym in the basement of the building I work in. The gym operates in the morning from 6 till 9, lunch 12-1 and evening 5-9. One day, I felt the need to take some stress out so I headed down to the gym in the basement... the lights were all switched off, which was no surprise to me since it should be. The gym is L-shaped and as I make my way and turn at the elbow, I see two guys in their (this section was lit up) who were topless and extremely wet. My first thought was I was interrupting some Brokeback Mountain moment, but then I realised it was a couple of Douches who just loved working out topless in the building that they work in. After settling down on the bench press, the two guys (in their 40s) put on their tops and left. I did give the bench a good scrubbing before I got on though.

Some people are too weird!

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

There is a gym in the basement of the building I work in. The gym operates in the morning from 6 till 9, lunch 12-1 and evening 5-9. One day, I felt the need to take some stress out so I headed down to the gym in the basement... the lights were all switched off, which was no surprise to me since it should be. The gym is L-shaped and as I make my way and turn at the elbow, I see two guys in their (this section was lit up) who were topless and extremely wet. My first thought was I was interrupting some Brokeback Mountain moment, but then I realised it was a couple of Douches who just loved working out topless in the building that they work in. After settling down on the bench press, the two guys (in their 40s) put on their tops and left. I did give the bench a good scrubbing before I got on though.

Some people are too weird!

They could be re-enacting some workout scenes from American Psycho, I've thought about doing that in my gym for the WTF.

6. JeffsWood

JeffsWood Senior member

This stuff makes me glad I have my own place to work out at.

Why? That sounds a little boring compared to the fun we are having.

7. IrishDan

IrishDan Well-Known Member

Catching people fall is always funny. ie, tripping over equipment, falling off the treadmill. The funniest fall that I had seen; my gym has a shoulder press, that involves sitting on a bar stool type chair. Some joker was trying to do too much weight, and was leaning back as he was pushing. The stool tipped over, and he did a massive back flip on to the floor. I saw this unfold, yet I did nothing.

8. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

^^^ this chair is not bolted down? That cant be right...

9. IrishDan

IrishDan Well-Known Member

^
    It is not bolted down, it is actually like a bar stool with a blue vinyl top. The gym is city funded...

10. captainmo

captainmo Senior member

I could probably use some exercise, but these stories aren't exactly making me want to run out and join a gym.... [​IMG]

If you join a gym, just don't be 'that guy'.

http://www.google.com/search?q=gym+e...ient=firefox-a

11. Matt

Matt [email protected]

^ i break my own rule by occasionally offering unsolicited advice, but only when it's a youngish person/hs kid/clueless woman who's form is so bad, they're in danger of getting hurt.
    Yeah, I generally resent unsolicited advice as well, unless it is coming either from a trainer or someone in much better shape than I am, and is correcting my form. Notably for me this involves bent over rows, I tend to bend my back too much and am at risk of lower back damage...so in this case I appreciate it. That said, I did offer some unsolicited advice today to some guy who clearly does not know how to jump rope, he was trying his best but really could not muster more than 3 or 4 rope rotations before hitting his back leg...so I guess I am That Guy. Speaking of That Guy, there is a French model who trains at my gym - he doesn't like me much as I unknowingly fucked his girlfriend a few years back - who actually kisses his biceps between curl sets. Seriously. There is also a skinny gay guy who brings women's fashion magazines with him and catches up on some reading between sets...he is always on the machines (generally the curl machine again, hoisting up his 8 kilo for 8 reps), then resting the magazine on it, flips through some pages, and then back to his 64 kilo net lift.

12. mikej77

mikej77 Senior member

we have a guy who break dances in the designated abs/core room. and he fucking sucks at it.

I wonder if you work out at Synergy Fitness on Hempstead Turnpike in Long Island. When I used to work out there, I would see these two Gotti wannabees breakdancing in the core room. It always gave me a good laugh.

13. why

why Senior member

Why? That sounds a little boring compared to the fun we are having.

Because I don't have to deal with cologned up Indians and people doing curls in squat racks.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

winner winner lobster dinner. yes i do.

I wonder if you work out at Synergy Fitness on Hempstead Turnpike in Long Island. When I used to work out there, I would see these two Gotti wannabees breakdancing in the core room. It always gave me a good laugh.

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^i'll bet we know each other.