• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dumb cell phone question

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my friend just gave me a motorola razor. however, it is a verizon phone and i have att&t. does anyone know if i will be able to activate it as is, and if not, what will i need to do in order to use it with at&t?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
my friend just gave me a motorola razor. however, it is a verizon phone and i have att&t. does anyone know if i will be able to activate it as is, and if not, what will i need to do in order to use it with at&t?

Its on a completely different network technology. The only way to get it to work would be to switch to Verizon.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi,

I believe Verizon and Sprint are on a CDMA system network ( non-sim card ) and ATT uses sim cards so you are out of luck.

I'm no expert though and it may be possible ( though not worthwhile ). Any cell phone experts know more?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Its on a completely different network technology. The only way to get it to work would be to switch to Verizon.

thanks. my contract ends this month anyway, but if i switch to verizon, they'll likely give me a free phone anyway. so i guess this thing is useless?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the razor if i amnot mistaken is both cdma and gsm so if you want to be able to use it simply un lock and the gsm could proabaly be used. assuming it still has the slot for sim.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
the razor if i amnot mistaken is both cdma and gsm so if you want to be able to use it simply un lock and the gsm could proabaly be used. assuming it still has the slot for sim.

You are mistaken. /\\

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 90 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 161 31.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 84 16.4%
  • 31 - 40