• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duffle Bag p0rn

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know we have shoe p0rn, watch p0rn, briefcase p0rn, and in some areas pictures bordering on actual p0rn, but do we have it for duffle bags? Anyway, I was cleaning out the closet and decided to take a pic of the two I'm currently using: the left is a Prada V20S in blood orange (basically the same color as Hermes orange), and the right is a Lambertson Truex tri-duffle in chocolate grained calf.

Please post yours as well!
DSC02865.jpg

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I use the original version of the xtra large size of this, from back when they were made in the USA and carried a lifetime warranty. I think the model was called the Mule. When I had an ice-axe or pole poke through, they repaired it with a full length kevlar bottom. It is a great bag. I can't personally vouch for the current production, but if they have kept up construction standards and service, they are topnotch.
TravelDuffelXL.jpg

tricota

Reaction score
I dont have one. Never really saw a need for one...

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Fair enough! I travel a lot and spend 3 months at least each year overseas. I keep most of the things I need over there, so no need for a gigantic checked suitcase. But, a smaller duffle/carry-on fits the bill nicely for gifts and miscellaneous items. So, I quite like the idea of a smaller, "24-hour" or weekender bag.

I really want one of the Valextra ones, but traveling by air and sticking it into an overhead compartment to get jostled about isn't exactly high on my list for a $4300 bag... (nor is actually paying $4300 for a bag.)

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jupiter Room
Any suggestions for a reasonably priced black duffle bag?
Leather or nylon/canvas?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All leather, from Costco. Indestructible so far . . . .

Photo13-1.jpg

horton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I have a Trafalgar Norwalk Collection bag. It's a great bag, but definitely on the heavy side.

09408_DSC02586_122_33lo.jpg

I have the same bag (thanks to Chorse) and agree re the weight. Very nice for travel but difficult to use on a daily basis.

Davron

Reaction score
I have two Krane duffles (the model is called the hawker, I believe) - one for me (black) and one for the wife (brown). They are waxed cotton and leather. Both work great as carry-ons for short trips. As both bags are presently packed away, I grabbed two pics off the web.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads