• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duct tape wallets

malat

Reaction score
I think these are pretty creative. Thanks for sharing! I sure as heck don't have the patience or skill to do anything like this. Welcome to the forum!

Silent Speaker

Reaction score
Hmmmm they must all have that wonderful duct tape smell
biggrin.gif

Guess they'd be nice for some by bringing back fond memories of kidnappings, hostage-situations and the good ole' tape-over-mouth-black-bag-on-head-into-the-black-van interrogations!

sidamo

Reaction score
Step 1. Change target market
Step 2. Profit

NateWV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Duck tape is the brand name, not the name of the product (as evidenced on the product label). Like I said, whatever it's called, the products made from them are damn ugly, and this isn't the place to either show them off or sell them. Sorry, but I don't find the wallets in the least funny.

Sorry you can't see the humor in them but am glad that many others do. I edited my original post and title to avoid any more duct/duck banter. Don't really care either way.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just because it's in Wikipedia doesn't make it right. In fact, schools, universities, doctors etc. recommend staying away from Wikipedia because of how many things on there are wrong. Don't automatically assume that something on Wikipedia is right just because it's written there, because that's not the case at all.

Well ****, are you saying I am going to have to re-write my dissertation?

pauliec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
OP is advertising his stuff in a forum about fine men's clothing. This approximates a direct violation of forum rules, contributes to the runoff of high quality posters, and wastes bandwidth. Granted, OP's subsequent postings make him appear to be a nice guy, but a mere cursory review of the forum would have at least prepared the OP for the onslaught if not outright convinced him it would be a bad idea to post in the first place.

Also, they are made of duct tape. Duct tape.

God, you're uptight.

pauliec

Reaction score
Duck tape is the brand name, not the name of the product (as evidenced on the product label). Like I said, whatever it's called, the products made from them are damn ugly, and this isn't the place to either show them off or sell them. Sorry, but I don't find the wallets in the least funny.

Actually, I should have reserved my comment above for you.
laugh.gif

urymoto

Reaction score
if he can do this with duct tape, im sure he can do it with leather.

its creative, out of the oridnary...and kind of charming..

you ******* assholes

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is pretty cool, although I wouldn't buy it myself. Where'd you get the idea?

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duck is more acceptable than duct.

Mainly because the stuff will fall right off ductwork.

NateWV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
This is pretty cool, although I wouldn't buy it myself. Where'd you get the idea?

I saw someone who had a duck tape wallet years ago when I was in college and was intrigued. Went on a camping trip and my friends left to try to find another friend who was coming. They ended up being gone for several hours. I was bored to death with no cell service and noticed a big role of duct tape on table. A few hours and several beers later, the wallet was born.

AE7

Reaction score
Hey man. Why dont you try to make something out of infusion systems (not used ones)... chains and simple dolls out of them used to be pretty popular in the last years of Soviet Union

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads