1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Duckie Brown for Brooks Brother Tan Shell Cordovan Wingtips 11D!!! (fits like 11 1/2)

Discussion in '2011-2017 Streetwear' started by kmdsimpson, Apr 11, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Up for a sale is a pair of lightly worn Duckie Brown for Florscheim for Brooks Brothers (got that?!) gun boats in tan Horween Shell Cordovan. I really like these shoes, but unfortunately they run about 1/2 size big, and I've decided I can't wear them any more.

These are the exact same shoes featured by Namor in his infamous Duckie Brown thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/231441/florsheim-by-duckie-brown-cordovan-shoe-boot-thread#post_4240819

These are a great casual shoe and look great with jeans. I personally love this color and would keep them if they fit better.

Asking 200 SOLD, including shipping CONUS. Includes original box and bags (never used).

Here are relevant details:
    - Size 11D. But these fit big, due to a wide forefoot. They are more suited for an 11 1/2 D.
    - "Brandy" colored Horween shell. But looks tan, and in fact the BB website listed them as tan.
    - Parts of the shoes seem to be different tints, depending on the light. I actually like this effect.
    - Made in India
    - Fully Goodyear welted.
    - Worn 4 times. Always used shoe trees. Hardly any wear on the soles, other than paint being scraped off.
    - Retail is $650; though to be fair, this line of shoes was featured on Gilt for less than $300.
    - Note the metal lace tips.
    - Quality issues:
    - I have had NO quality issues at all. But please refer to the above thread to hear about experiences with these shoes. There are mixed good and bad experiences.
    - Having said that, these are not finished at the quality of fine English shoes, nor at AE or Alden at their best.
    - But again, for shell and for casual wear, I think these are great.

Lots of pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files: