• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ducati Streetfighter or Clothes

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has come down to this...I can stop buying clothes for a year and get a sweet bike or I can continue to cop expensive sweaters and just be happy with my car.

ducati_streetfighter_1.jpg

versus

sweater.jpg

decisions.gif

Lachy

Reaction score
What car are you driving at the moment?

I'm leaning towards the bike though. You've got a pretty stocked wardrobe right now, you can last a year.

graphite

Reaction score
plus take into account the fuel/maintenance costs you'll be saving if you use your moto for the daily commute.

i get about twice the MPG on my suzuki 650 than i do over my nissan 350z. YMMV with the ducati-- if it's a literbike it'll probably utilize more fuel, and maybe require higher octane. but certainly more fuel efficient than your car, right?

and motos are easier/cheaper to maintain as well-- especially that "naked" bike. easy access to all her guts means simple oil/coolant/battery upkeep. DIY and save. more miles on your moto means less mileage on your car.

plus, a moto counts as equity, does it not? especially on a ducati-- the resale of a motorcycle is generally not as hard-hitting as on a car, and ducati's in themselves should hold their value well enough. so down the road, you sell your bike, you recover some money. buy clothes and in a year nobody is going to want to buy your used undies. ... well most people.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you ride already? That bike looks insane. I am embarrassed to admit I don't know the specs but with what I can see on the pic I'm sure it's very powerful. I definitely don't want to discourage anyone from riding but just saying, that might not be the best first bike.

But more to the question, my bikes have done more for my well-being than any of the clothes I've bought in my life. If you think you would enjoy it you should be riding, just my opinion.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Live close to work.

Peak Oil FTW.

I'd be into bikes if I had speed self control, as it stands it would be like buying 6 feet of rope.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is something to think about. For you I voted 'bike'. I should vote the same for me.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote bike, but once you find out how much it is going to cost to insure that bike, you will spend a year without eating, too.

danilo

Reaction score
what car do you drive? I love motorcycles, but I've held off on buying on because I have a car that can tame most of my gearhead needs.
3374030697_1c0e6a809b_o.jpg

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
It has come down to this...I can stop buying clothes for a year and get a sweet bike or I can continue to cop expensive sweaters and just be happy with my car.

ducati_streetfighter_1.jpg

versus

sweater.jpg

decisions.gif

Poser bike. Get the Triumph speed triple if you're looking for a naked sport. As a prior 998/916 and 748 owner, this bike is trying waaay too hard, good motor or not.

Or get a 1098. Or better yet:

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my200...PORT1000BIP-08

If you finance the bike, you can still occasionally treat yourself to some nice clothes (yes, I'm enabling you). You'd be surprised what you discover you need once you're riding daily year-round... ;-)

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like the trust fund didn't take such a big hit after all?

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you ever had a bike before? If not do not get that bike. You will kill yourself I promise you that. I ride and have a 07 CBR600RR and have ridden the Ducati and that thing is no joke. It has crazy torque and you can get yourself in a lot of trouble real quick. Look at a used Monster or something, save some money and spend the saved money on clothes.

I prefer the Hypermotard. That's going to be my next bike.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics