• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ducati Streetfighter or Clothes

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You seem to already have a nice wardrobe from what I've seen. I have to make this decision often (albeit on a much smaller scale). I usually opt for having fun. I would get the bike.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I vote bike, but once you find out how much it is going to cost to insure that bike, you will spend a year without eating, too.

Not true. For full insurance yes. For basic coverage no, it is very cheap, like 2-300 a year. Full insurance isn't even worth it. You'll probably be looking at 5 grand a year.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have to ask, then you've already made up your mind.

Besides, like J said, there are better starter bikes out there if you've never ridden...

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fact of life: bikes have gotten men laid more than clothes.

also: you can tailor a gap shirt to fit like a boo, but a yamaha chassis is a ******* yamaha chassis.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm leaning towards a bike...I've already got a lot of clothes and it might be good to take a break from obsessing over what piece to buy next. hmmmm

Originally Posted by Lachy
What car are you driving at the moment?

I'm leaning towards the bike though. You've got a pretty stocked wardrobe right now, you can last a year.

2005 G35 Coupe.

Originally Posted by j
Do you ride already? That bike looks insane. I am embarrassed to admit I don't know the specs but with what I can see on the pic I'm sure it's very powerful. I definitely don't want to discourage anyone from riding but just saying, that might not be the best first bike.

But more to the question, my bikes have done more for my well-being than any of the clothes I've bought in my life. If you think you would enjoy it you should be riding, just my opinion.

I do ride but in truth I posted the wrong bike...I'm leaning towards a monster not a streetfighter.

Originally Posted by whodini
You're gonna shoot your eye out, kid.

No worries...I can make an eye patch look good.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Monster? Monster's are pretty sick but the chasis and geometry is outdated. Unless your planning on riding like an asshole it doesn't matter. Also how tall are you? Because I hear if your 6ft or taller it's a pretty uncomfortable ride.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I rode a Monster 620 and it was pretty uncomfortable (I'm 6'0). I'm not sure if the other Monsters have different scale/geometry/ergonomics.

What are you riding currently, Stazy?

bwong337

Reaction score
are you thinking of the new monsters (696)? Those look uglier in my opinion. The ultimate monster for me is the 2007 s4rs

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Not true. For full insurance yes. For basic coverage no, it is very cheap, like 2-300 a year. Full insurance isn't even worth it. You'll probably be looking at 5 grand a year.

By full insurance you mean with collision? If he finances it, he'll need collision coverage. Even if he doesn't, he'd be stupid to not have it. Also depends on his age...

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ I dunno. I bought my bike in cash and my insurance is only 200 a year, wheres they wanted almost 6 thousand a year for full insurance. So if I made it a year and a half with out totaling the bike it would be worth it.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought you already kopped that Jil turtleneck? Well I agree with the poll, bike is superior, though couldn't you come to some sort of compromise? You happen to be one of the members with the better buys around here.
laugh.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Jbreen, they were talking about having collision coverage- basically to cover accidents that were your fault. If you finance a bike, you have to have collision to protect the company who gave you the loan. Because you paid cash, you took a risk not having it and it payed off. I knew a 17 year old kid who was going to but a Speed Triple until he found out how much the insurance was going to be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads