• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dubuc

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A local store (Alex Designer Consigner, for those in the DC area) has started carrying a Canadian brand called Dubuc.  To my amateur eye, the pieces looked interesting, a bit similar to what Costume National might put out.  Do any of you, particularly the Canadian members of SF, have any additional info on this brand?  If so, what are your impressions?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Label out of Montreal. Very body conscious cuts, often with lots of hardware. Lots of Black. A lot more synthetic and a lot lower quality materials than Costume National imo.

The only place I've seen it outside of Canada is at Market in Boston.

trogdor

Reaction score
Snap them up right now. I've bought three shirts from Dubuc, all of which are quite lovely. They do a good line in slightly unusual takes on more classic shirt styles; bib-front formal shirts with inverted pleats and unusual plackets, angled cuts on the french cuffs, two button collar stands, slim cut bodies. I might call them "fashion forward" if I knew what that meant properly. I'll see if I can work out how to post some pictures up here. My only complaint is that they don't have removable collar stays. I paid about $100 CDN per shirt, though apparently they retail for $250 CDN. I'm not sure I'd want to pay that much, (as noted by LA Guy, they're not the finest cotton, although none of mine have any poly in them) but they're great pieces that never fail to receive a compliment. --Edit Ooh. I just found them: here

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads