1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dublin for a week, what to do

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by sinnedk, Aug 23, 2013.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Hey Guys,

My wife and i are going on a trip to Europe, we will be going to Rome (4 days), Florence(2 days), Venice(2 days) and Paris (5 days). But, before that she is consulting out of Dublin and i am tagging along.

While in Dublin she will be working also she has already seen Dublin. Hence, i am on my own for that week. Some evenings i plan to do some of my own work that is going to be remote but mostly i think i can run around and do whatever i want.

• Can some of you guys recommend sights and must do things in Dublin.
    • Is it possible to venture to Great Britain for a day via air or ferry?

Thanks in advance

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

3. lefty

lefty Senior member

There are a few threads. I don't love that much that much so I would rent a car and drive across the country.

lefty

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

heard tht before, idk if i will be renting a car there

5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Day trip to cliffs of moher. Costs very little and you get to see the country with minimal effort. Aside from that, go to parks, visit breweries.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks man,

other than the cliffs, are there no big historical sights?

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

The entire country is an historical site. Most interesting time I had was stopping at a country cemetery where I ended up chatting with a woman for a couple of hours about her life.

And plus one to the Cliffs.

lefty

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Trinity College's beautiful library, book of Kells, Farmleigh House... The Cathedral...

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

sweet i'll be writing those down

10. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

I don't think you'll have a hard time finding things to see and keeping busy. Dublin is a very touristy, famous city, and Ireland itself is amazing. You can get to the UK via ferry I believe, but not sure it's really worth it unless you really are dying to go there. One word of advice, I'd cut out one of the cities on your trip-- you have a lot of cities planned, and there is A LOT to take in at each destination. You really don't need to run yourselves ragged, don't worry, you'll have a great time and see PLENTY of history. I would cut out Venice, personally, being the 3rd Italian city on your trip. Have fun!

11. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Senior member

Dublin is ok, but as some others have already said, the countryside is much better. That said, I can vouch for what Cary Grant posted about The Cathedral and Trinity College's beautiful library. Also, while not amazing, I would say it is worth going to the Guinness brewery and the Jameson distillery.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

we are in venice for only 2 days, florence is actually 3. i dont think we'd want to cut out another city because we already did cut some things out to make this trip make sense.