• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dubai

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been to Dubai? I'm going in mid-february and I was curious if there are some people who could tell me where to go for stuff like Borrelli, Attolini and Brioni?

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just back from there,

Theres a huge Brioni store near/in the intercontinental hotel on the Deira side of the creek.
There is a nice saks, which stocks different things to the US stores in the Burjuman centre on the Bur Dubai side of the creek, which also has some nice shops like Ferragamo, Vuitton etc.
Emirates Towers shopping boulevard is also good.
A Harvey Nicholls is soon to open in the Mall of the Emirates out in Jumeriah.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huge and Brioni sounds good to me. What about the price levels? Is it more expensive over there?

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well, I paid 1150 AED each for some Charvet Shirts, which at 7AED to the pound is 165, and out of sale I pay 200 pounds in Harrods.

I got a Brioni suit for 8400 AED, which is 1200 pounds, but thats very hard to tell because I have never seen that model in the UK.

Basically yea its cheaper, but genrally just less the VAT (Tax)

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
But there are some amazing deals on second hand watches at the Gold Souk, the authorised dealers will warn you, but I have bought and had serviced with no problems.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But there are some amazing deals on second hand watches at the Gold Souk, the authorised dealers will warn you, but I have bought and had serviced with no problems.
This sounds very interesting too. Probably lots of yellow gold? Not so much steel or rose gold? What brands can I expect to run into for nice deals? But less the VAT is pretty good anyway
smile.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
roy, when will you be there? I willbe there on 10 - 15 feb

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
roy, when will you be there? I willbe there on 10 - 15 feb
I will be there at 11-17 february
smile.gif
I know 11+12 february are still the shoppers festival
biggrin.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you feel like it PM me a number where you can be reached, maybe we can have a few drinks or something

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you feel like it PM me a number where you can be reached, maybe we can have a few drinks or something
Sure, sounds good. I'll have to check if my cell will work in Dubai. Otherwise i'll PM you the name and adress of the hotel I am staying at.

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
wow.gif
2-->
Quote:
(Styleman @ 09 Jan. 2005, 9
wow.gif
2) But there are some amazing deals on second hand watches at the Gold Souk, the authorised dealers will warn you, but I have bought and had serviced with no problems.
This sounds very interesting too. Probably lots of yellow gold? Not so much steel or rose gold? What brands can I expect to run into for nice deals? But less the VAT is pretty good anyway
smile.gif

Yes, quite a bit of gold, but also some steel. A few different brands, Vacheron, Rolex, Cartier, Patek, Franck Muller, Audermas etc. quite a range. Rainbow Tech on the main road outside the gold souk has the best prices, but every store has a different range, and prices are always quite good.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am leaving this friday, anyone with some more tips?

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
3 Restaurants for sure:

Verre by Gordon Ramsay, Hilton Dubai Creek.
Teatro, Towers Rotana Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road.
The chinese restaurant in Madinat Hotel, Jumeriah.

And some good bars:

Tangerine, The Fairmont Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road.
Vu's, Emirates Towers Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road.
Ginseng, Wafi City, Oud Metha.
La Tarrasse, Emirates Towers Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road.
Chamelion and Vice, Wafi City, Oud Metha.
the POOL, Movenpick Hotel, Bur Dubai/Oud. Metha, behind Lamcy

If you are into casual wear as well as tailored clothing; Villa Moda in Emirates Towers is good.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely checking out some of those bars and restaurants. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads