• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drycleaners - Melbourne, Australia

Chich

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a good drycleaner that I can trust with my suits. Can anyone either recommend any in Melbourne, Vic, Australia or give me advice on the sort of questions I could ask them to help determine if they're of any decent quality?

Thanks

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Check out the Australian members thread and the Australian members wiki.

Chich

Reaction score
...you mean the thread that 2500 pages long? Any advice on how to search through that? I can't seem to use the search function within a particular thread.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Search on this forum is next to useless - try posting on the Oz members thread and with your suburb, train/tram route and where you live and or work. People will help.

Chich

Reaction score
Yeah that seems a bit more plausible. Thanks for your help guys, appreciate it :)

...just for laughs, I notice your both actually in Melbourne, care to make any recommendations?

Cheers

Mifune

Reaction score
My experiences:

The Green Earth drycleaners:
- Bancrofts, South Yarra (~$18 per piece)
- Penguin, Bulleen/Eltham (~$12 per piece)

The Green Earth drycleaning leaves no smell on clothing and is supposedly better for your skin. So, if its just for general cleaning or very mild stains, these guys are ok. If it's a tougher stain, these guys are pretty average (especially Bancrofts) and won't be able to get the stains out.

Bancrofts turnaround has typically been 36 hours.

Non-Green Earth:
- North Blackburn dry cleaners, on Springfield Rd North Blackburn ($8 per item, or 3 pieces for $19.50)

These guys are very good at getting out tougher stains. The owner seems like a fairly responsible bloke. Clothes come back with strong chemical smells though, so I'd only take the clothing which have strong stains there.

So for me:
- light cleaning: Penguin
- heavy stains: North Blackburn

Last edited:

rollypollym

Reaction score
Many thanks Mifune. Anyone had any luck with a dry cleaner close to conservative business dress? Or do those dry cleaners pick up?

Cheers

Mifune

Reaction score
Many thanks Mifune. Anyone had any luck with a dry cleaner close to conservative business dress? Or do those dry cleaners pick up?

Cheers

Check out Bancrofts' website - I think they pick up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads