• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dry/Raw Denim For My Girlfriend

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
I've really been obsessing over dry/raw denim lately. Still kinda new to the game, but I love the idea of putting your own personality into your jeans by breaking into them over time.

I came to the realization that I want my girlfriend to get a pair. The reason being is with all her jeans her creases come up so beautifully and accented, it would make sense for them to stand out more if they were raw/dry.

So anyone have any recommendations for raw/dry denim for girls? All I can think of are Nudies, Denimbirds, APCs.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
You might want to discuss that with her before purchasing. Most girls wouldnt ascribe the lifestyle touted in order to get those creases.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
my fiancee has 2 pairs of Thin Finns after seeing how much I liked them. They are her fave jeans at the moment, and surprisingly I think they look really good on chicks, even with the low backpockets.

raley

Reaction score
My GF has a pair of denimbird bootcuts and she likes them a lot. She isn't really into the whole skinny jean thing, so she likes to stick to more of a straight leg/boot cut type of jean. She also has a pair of PDC GTO's (or whatever the girl version is called) in the 1-year wash.

The problem with the nudies/APC is the rise. If she is used to wearing really low rise jeans they might look/feel a little funny to her.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
check out rag & bone. rinsed, not raw, but very complimentary fits.

Michael1981

Reaction score
My gf is wearing a pair of Raw Acnes in a medium rise skinny tapered cut right now. I think they look good.

She also tried on some raw denimbirds but the styling and cut were better on the Acnes.

I find you can find raw denim for women at discount alot of the time as I don't think its caught on as much as for men. (Just my observation here in Toronto Canada).

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funnily enough, my wife got her first pair of dry denim at the Gap while we were in the UK. Seems decent for the price actually - the clothes there were definitely different from the US Gap shops, btw.

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
bumpity bump.

still looking around, trying to get her something for maybe christmas which happens to be our half-year anniversary too. i can't find any of those gap raw jeans people are talking about (at least online).

(before anyone beats me down with a pair of rockhard, cardboard feeling raw jeans, i need to put a little disclaimer that i am not the one interested in the jeans i am about to say).

she really likes citizens and 575, anyone know if they make raw jeans?

Michael1981

Reaction score
Seven has a one wash denim in bootcut. Saw them the other day at a shop here in TO.

GWHiZiTSPHiL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael1981
Seven has a one wash denim in bootcut. Saw them the other day at a shop here in TO.

yea...the thing with that is she already owns a pair of 7s and i'm one of those guys who don't like to get the same brand twice. i like to expand my horizons as much as possible.

ayn

Reaction score
thanks posting the link d_d, btw my gf tried on the Iron Heart girl jeans also, she actually liked that cut more, but I was uneasy with the bootcut and non-selvage at that kindda price (I know I know, but geisha's got PINK and silver selvage, how cool is that!!)... The Geisha's are more special IMO so we got them... to the original poster: why don't you get a pair of dry jeans yourself first??

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
after seeing the fit on the geisha's i might have to pony up and get the wife a pair, but the smallest size they had was a 26 right? I'll have to bring her and try on a pair at selfedge.

ayn

Reaction score
i'm not so sure actually, I didn't go through their sizes, just give Kiya a call... you can always do a really really hot soak! my gf wears 27 in most (washed) jeans, I'm not sure if she should've got 27 or not, they fit fine now but I'm not sure how much they would stretch if any... also need to soak them this weekend and might shrink a bit more...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads