• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dry leather shoes

ACenTe

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

It's my first time here and after reading through some posts I'm pretty sure you'll be able to help me.

I had never been interested in shoes until very recently (about a month or so). I had no idea about how to care for shoes either. Anyway, a couple months back I got a pair of Florsheim shoes (Postino plain toe derby, cognac).

For the first 4 times I wore them I couldn't notice any big wrinkles or creases, and then I learned about shoe care and started shining the shoes every week (I wear them 2 times per week), and using cedar shoe trees.

Since the first week I started shining them, they started showing creases and looking very dry. Here's what I usually do:

1. Clean with damp soft sponge and saddle soap. Wait 10 minutes.
2. Brush lightly with a soft hair shoe brush.
3. Apply Weiman's Leather cleaner and conditioner with a soft rag. Wait for 10 minutes.
4. Remove excess with a clean rag.
5. Apply neutral wax with my fingers, wait 15 minutes.
6. Brush the shoes until shiny. Let them rest over night.

I cannot get any other leather conditioner and I have no access to cream other than those "instant shine without brushing" creams.

Here is a picture.

Could you give me some recommendations to restore and take better care of these and any future shoes?

Thanks for your support!
Alex

IMG_20180619_185910607.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads