1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

dry cleaning stored spring clothes- white linen pants + others

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cheessus, Apr 11, 2011.

1. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

i just pulled out some spring pants that have been in storage and they all need some cleaning. they are all dry-clean only, but ive had some bad experiences in the past where stains werent removed, etc., and ive been to many different cleaners in my area.

the one im most concerned about is my white linen pants that have developed some brown-ish stains all over them that are pretty light, but visible when held up to light (Lol! i know).

other pants have stains from normal wear it seems.

i just want to know if there's any safe ways that i could clean the pants myself. if i have to go to the cleaners, what do i ask for to make sure that the pants get cleaned but that they are cleaned in a safe manner. it costs me about $4-5/pair which is a lot since im still in school. i dont mind putting in the work if it is significantly cheaper for me to do.

thanks for your help.

2. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

You're not far from one of the area's best cleaners, Peninou. Try them and you won't have to bother with figuring out how to tell them to clean your pants.

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

If I identify a significant stain on my pants or jackets that remains after being dry cleaned, the dry cleaners usually don't charge me.