• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drunken (or otherwise impaired) purchases

EvilFish

Reaction score
I checked my emails this morning to find that I had spent €80 on a Brioni wool/silk tie. I was rather drunk last night. Fortunately, drunk EvilFish has good taste, so I'm looking forward to receiving my new tie.

So, have any of you made some purchases in state you shouldn't have? Or received anything when you really didn't expect it?

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent $370 on a Brooks Brothers wool duffle coat recenty during their 40% off sale but I'm pretty sure I wouldve done it sober anyway, I've been eyeing it for months waiting for a sale. I just happened to be drunk. It actually wasn't available online during the sale and I was in Italy so I had to drunk Skype stores around manhattan to get it shipped. Who does that? Thank you SF for ruining me

On a lighter note, it f@&king rules

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I found a suit I liked on eBay with a buy it now of $80. I bought it and forgot about it until I saw an invoice for $820 the next day. That $80 was actually really $800. I did the honorable thing and paid for the suit.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
appr $500 on lap dances a few weeks ago!

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty much wasted during all online shopping. Otherwise I would have a boatload of cash and look like a bum.

EndlessBreak

Reaction score
I bought a dark brown corduroy Canali suit on the way home from a 7 hour liquid lunch. I'd been wanting something just like it and stumbled upon a 50% off sale. I tried it on and immediately told the salesman to get the tailor to mark it for hemming and shortening the sleeves. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

Thankfully...no regrets on the purchase. The only sad thing is that I've since lost 15-20 lbs and I don't think I can alter the suit enough to fit me anymore.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, so many things I can't remember all of them. It is especially bad when you get into a bidding war while impaired...then it is a matter of honor.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

triathlete

Reaction score
A "This is what a feminist looks like" T-shirt for my GF. Her boobs look great when she wears it.

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Oh, so many things I can't remember all of them. It is especially bad when you get into a bidding war while impaired...then it is a matter of honor.
lol8[1].gif
Mike

A credit card is a poor substitute for a sword...but perhaps a more legal one. On a drunken note (I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly... ), I usually hide both my sword and my wallet before I start seriously drinking. Mornings just seem more cheerful when I do. Edit: more spelling mistakes than I care to admit.

lpalma121

Reaction score
I'm drunk now and about to go to the mall let you know if I do anything silly.

Nautilus

Reaction score
$450 for a limited edition digital watch. I wasn't drunk, but I was very tired and it was the middle of the night. Middle of the night + tired + online = impulse purchases.

Those Pinocchio boxers are great! But yeah, they'd only be funny the first time.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits
Luckily, my wallet is hidden, otherwise I'd be the regretful owner of these:

OTdOy.jpg

I love it!
laugh.gif

jkirk

Reaction score
Purchased a pre-owned Harris Tweed brown sport coat for a bargain. $45 shipped, ain't half bad...

dec2-200.jpg

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ordered a linen suit to be made in a pale blue colour which is too dark for leisure and too light for business.

it really is an odd colour which i cant wear with anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads