Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

drug testing

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by MrGoodBytes, Feb 4, 2012.

1. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Hair tests might be expensive but they are not extremely rare. Maybe at the initial interview stage but not for final acceptance stage.

My friend's daughter was hired for an executive entrance position in the energy industry by Conoco.

As part of her final acceptance stuff she was given a hair test. She was clean but had vicodin showing because she had been to a dentist.

She had to get a letter from the dentist and the pharmacy records.

And someone above mentioned government jobs too as giving a hair test. I think certain employer segments will spend the money on hair tests as a final condition for acceptance. Especially for medium to upper level jobs in which they plan to invest a lot in the future employee and hope to retain them for a while.

In your situation, I would not worry though, given the amounts and the timing. I am certainly not an expert though.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

If people are smoking and you're sitting in the room or you are at a concert or something like that it could show up in a hair test.

3. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

what. the. hell. Can they trace the amounts?

4. plei89

plei89 Senior member

That's false. Second hand smoke is not potent enough to be detected in a hair follice test.

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

Most modern tests should clean the hair and chances are pretty minimal I agree. But there is still a chance, and the bigger risk would be you accidentally inhale enough, although that is pretty tough as well.

6. Godot

Godot Senior member

For some reason, grass seems to stay in the system longer than other drugs, or so I've been told. Some health food stores sell teas that allegedly flush it out of your system in a day or two. I'd try the tea and stay away from the grass. Good luck.

7. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Blockbuster I thought at a time required them.

8. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

Well I'm being called into the office tomorrow after a few days of a trial run for what I can only imagine is a formal job offer. I don't think this place requires testing but I'm quite confident it won't be an issue even if they do.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone.

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Trace amounts can be detected, but as far as I know the test has thresholds that you have to cross before it returns positive.

You're likely gonna get popped if you have to test within a month, and you are likely bs-ing about your frequency.

Just delay the test a week or so. Drink a bunch of water before the test. Dont give them the morning leak.

Oh, I forget which, but either avoid heavy exercise, or exercise heavily... dont recall

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

10. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

What happened?

11. dopeitsjosh

dopeitsjosh Well-Known Member

I had a hair test when I received a job after high school and I smoked two months before that and passed, but I didn't smoke much and got hair cuts regularly

12. Godot

Godot Senior member

It's important in any test to learn the basics at least. Marijuana, crack and black tar opium are usually smoked. The majority of the time cocaine is taken nasally, but can also be injected. Methadone is available as a liquid or tablet. Morphine is generally in powder form and and again has nasal or intravenous options. Meth is a very American drug useful for long haul truckers and collage finals. There is another class called hallucinogenic and these would include mushrooms, LSD and ecstasy. PCP is a purely synthetic drug that can have unpredictable results in many people. Another class of drugs is inhalants and these can cause brain damage long term. As there are always new drugs on the horizon (bath salts for example), check with a young person for the latest data and you should pass the test with flying colors. Speaking of colors, you might want to get a PDR and check for the description of various controlled substances. As an example I think Oxycodone is green..Hope this helps; :)

On a serious note, if you have a drug test coming up and you think there is any way you may not pass, consult with your doctor and explain the situation. Have him do a test and see what comes up and ask him how to mask anything that might be a problem. Worst he can do is say no.:)

13. aalewis

aalewis Member

You'll pass a urine test. Or just tell them you went to Amsterdam :)

14. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

My doctor would be laughing too hard to help and probably tell me to GTFO

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You need to get you doc a bong for xmas