• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

DROPS! Two MARILYN MONROE Tweeds! c. 40L and 40S. Scottish Tweed & Polo University Club. OFFERS WELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two Marilyn Monroe tweeds to pass on today--both are beautiful, but flawed..... although still perfectly wearable in less formal situations!

1) Polo University Club herringbone tweed.

Half-canvassed and fully-lined, this is a beautiful lighter-weight tweed that's perfect for Spring! The herringbone is w wonderful versatile shade of brown, and is complemented by the chestnut brown leather-covered metal shanked buttons on the front and the sleeves (four to each cuff). This jacket also has a center vent, and was Union Made in the USA.

Unfortunately, this jacket has some staining on one sleeve near the cuff, as shown. This might or might not come out with dry cleaning--I'm assuming that it won't. Despite this, this jacket is still eminently wearable as a weekend jacket... in fact, apart from this flaw this jacket is in excellent condition, and since this is very close to my size, I might end up keeping it and using it for just that purpose! (The great thing about flaws like this, for me, is that I can completely relax in the jacket as it's marred already!) But, I do already have a LOT of tweeds, and so I'm giving another the opportunity to claim this.

Asking just $16 > 14, or lower offer, shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 25 1/2 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 20 1/4
Length: 32 1/2

2) Scottish Tweed--with a highly unusual weave!

Cut from tweed woven in Scotland, this jacket has a very unusual colourway; at first it appears to be a brown basketweave, but closer examination shows that it has a pattern of several vertical black lines forming a block alternating with the same number of brown lines forming a block, with each block being separated from the next with a single scarlet vertical thread. This is almost shown, but poorly, in the close-up of the cuff.

This jacket is fully lined, has a single vent, and features classic leather-covered football buttons that complement its colourway. It does have a minor flaw--it's been professionally rewoven below the opening to the left-hand pocket. This is very inconspicuous, and you're unlikely to see it unless you're looking for it, but it is there, and even though it;'s otherwise in excellent condition I'm

asking just $20 > 18, or offer, boxed and shipped in CONUS.

Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 19 1/4
Length: 29 3/4

Attachments

Last edited:

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deleted message, as listing is open again.

Last edited:

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BOTH SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco