• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DROPS!! TWEEDYDON'S FIRST NEW B&S JACKET MEGATHREAD! 36, 38, 40, 42, 44. One w/connection t

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AAAAADROPS! LOTS of beautiful jackets here, from 36S to 44R! Includes BESPOKE in SABLE, MINK, CASHMERE & WOOL, Kilgour, French, & Stanbury, Corbin, F. R. Tripler, Brooks Bros., DAKS, tweed, camelhair, 3/2 jackets, and more!

8, 9, and 10 ARE STILL AVAILABLE!!

Oh--and the Tripler has a tenuous connection--a very tenuous connection!--to Joseph Heller! ;)

As always, prices include boxed shipping in CONUS with delivery confirmation; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.

Also as always, OFFERS ARE VERY VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

FREE TIE WITH ANY PURCHASE! SEE HERE:

1) Kilgrour, French, & Stanbury Canvassed

My pictures of this jacket are absolutely terrible!

A lovely jacket in a smaller size, this is made from a lovely rich dark brown and dark, dark moss green herringbone cloth with a lovely and subtle blue and russet overcheck. The cloth was woven in the British Isles, and has a wonderful hand and drape. The jacket half-canvassed and fully lined, is a standard two-button front, and has a single vent. It was Made in the USA by the Savile Row firm Kilgour, French, & Stanbury for Barney's of New York., and is in absolutely excellent condition--the only tiny flaw is a small mark on the inside of the interior breast pocket, as shown.

Asking just $60 > 55, or lower offer.

Measurements:

Chest: 21
Sleeve: 23 3/8 (+ 1 3/4)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 28

jackets005.jpg

2) SOLD F. R. Tripler 3/2 custom-made blazer with monogrammed Ben Silver buttons Canvassed With tenuous connection to Joseph Heller!

You're in luck if your initials are "MGJ", or some combination thereof... Or even if your surname ends in "G", or if you'd just like a set of new brass buttons... Or a new blazer, or just would like something from Tripler's, the tradly Manhattan store at 46th & Madison (mentioned in the classic preppy film Metropolitian as a great place for coats) that closed its doors for ever in the 1990s.. and then had its name sold, alas!

But, on the positive side, this is a Hickey Freeman blazer, hand-tailored in Rochester, NY, and so a worthy addition to the more adventurous trad. wardrobe... as though it is a 3/2 blazer, it's also darted, and in (gulp) black. Why this oddity? Because this was a custom made piece, produced in May 1988 for Melvin Grayson, who possessed the office at Look adjoining that of Joseph Heller just before the publication of Catch-22. As such, the construction is wonderful--it's fully canvassed, half-lined, and has a single vent. It's in Very Good/Excellent condition (nothing at all wrong with it--I'm just conservative in grading blazers!) and a true testament to how long and well good clothes will last with proper care.

Asking just $50, or lower offer. And lower offers are very welcome!

Measurements:

Chest: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 24 1/2 (+2)
Shoulder: 18 1/4
Length: 31 3/4

jackets019.jpg

3) SOLD Corbin 3/2.5 roll jacket with patch pockets Canvassed

Despite the main picture, this is actually a very nice 3/2.5 roll jacket--the lapel roll can be clearing seen in one of the clickable thumbnails. It is darted, but it's also half-canvassed, fully lined, and has lovely patch pockets! It also has very natural shoulders. It has a single vent, and, as a Corbin it was, of course, made in the USA. It also has lapped seams on the sleeves and down the center back!

The colour is lovely, and the fabric has a wonderful hand. There's no content listed (or, perhaps, the tag listing it has faded too much), but I suspect that it's either camelhair, or a wool/camelhair blend. It's in excellent condition.

Asking just $45, or offer.

Measurements:

Chest: 19 3/4
Sleeve: 23 (+2 1/4)
Shoulder: 17 3/4
Length: 30

jackets012.jpg

4) SOLD 44R UNWORN (?) Brooks Brothers camelhair jacket Canvassed

This is a very, very, very dark live camelhair jacket in absolutely superb condition; since its front pockets are still basted shut I suspect that it's actually unworn. It's a recent model, with a standard two-button front, darts (alas for us!), and a single vent; it is fully lined. It's also half-canvassed! A very nice jacket indeed, with a lovely hand.

Asking just $45, or lower offer.

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 25 3/4 (+1 1 3/4)
Shoulder: 20
Length: 31 1/2

NB: My pictures completely failed to capture the colour!

jackets033.jpg

5) SOLD UNWORN 36S DAKS Glen plaid mid- to lightweight tweed Canvassed?

UPDATE: This jacket comes complete with its original set of spare buttons in the inside chest pocket! There's no fabric content listed, but it's clearly wool.

This is a lovely glen plaid in a hard-to-find smaller size! Although it does not have its original tags (and so does not qualify as being NOS) this jacket is clearly unworn, with its full, creamy-coloured, lining pristine and its two lower front pockets still basted tightly shut. It also includes its original, unopened spare buttons. This jacket appears to be half-canvassed, and it has a single vent. There's no fabric content listed, but it's clearly wool. It was made in the USA, and is in absolutely excellent condition.

Asking just $45, or offer.

Tagged a 36S, and seems to run true:

Chest: 19
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+2)
Shoulder: 17 1/4
Length: 28 1/4

IaExoticJackets144.jpg

6) SOLD Cricketeer Blazer, with patch pockets Canvassed

A lovely half-canvassed hopsack blazer with desirable patch pockets from one of the yeoman trad clothiers, Cricketeer, this is perfect for the summer, Fall, and Spring. Half-lined and with a single vent, this does have darts, but it's in excellent condition, was made in the USA, and has lovely natural shoulders...

Asking just SOLD $28, or offer

Measurements:

Chest: 20 1/2
Sleeve: 24 1/2 (+ 2 1/2)
Shoulder: 17 1/2
Length: 28 7/8

IaExoticJackets170.jpg

7) BESPOKE jacket made from English cloth that's a blend of SABLE, MINK, CASHMERE & WOOL! Canvassed

This is easily the most luxurious fabric I have ever come across! A beautiful blend of sable, mink, cashmere, and wool (although the exact proportions of each are not given), this wonderful bespoke jacket was made somewhere in Asia--any further information that anyone can give me about the label would be very welcome!

In addition to the quality of the cloth, the fabric is beautiful--please see my close-ups for some small indication of the lovely herringbone blue, black, and grey weave!

Although my ignorance prevents me from knowing more about the tailoring house that built this beauty, the quality of both the cloth and the work leads me to believe that it was a very, very good tailoring firm indeed. (I suspect that the odd Playboy" label is un-authorized, and intended to make this jacket appeal to Western-orientated clients.) This jacket is 3/4 canvassed and 3/4 lined, and comes with a single vent and patch pockets, although the shoulders are a tad more padded than the Ivy look would allow. (Not unuaully so for normal mainstream jackets, and an easy tailoring fix by your dry-cleaner alterations person if you'd like a more natural look.) It has a spare button on a "giraffe neck" holder behind one of the front buttons. This jacket is in absolutely excellent condition, except for a tiny, single-threadhead flaw in the weave, shown. But this does not appear to be a snag or pull, and can only really be seen if you're looking for it, and on close inspection.

It's hard to price something like this--after all, how many times will you run across sable and mink in your jacket? ;) But, how about

Asking just $48 > 45, or lower offer.

UPDATE: This was from a Taiwanese tailoring firm--thanks to chobochobo for this information! :)

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 23 1/2 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 20 1/4
Length: 29 1/4

IaExoticJackets177.jpg

8) BEAUTIFUL Hilton silk blend jacket Canvassed

This is an absolutely beautiful contemporary summer jacket! From Hilton, the sole remaining survivor of Princeton's Big Four menswear shops (the others being Ballot, Langrock, and The English Shop), this jacket is a beautiful golden wheat with a very subtle cornflower and rust overcheck, and a lovely texture--the close-ups are the closest that I come to capturing what it looks like! It's half-canvassed and fully lined, and has a single vent. There's no fabric content, but it's clearly a silk blend, either with wool or (more likely) linen. It was Union made in the USA. This jacket is in excellent condition except for a small thread break on one arm (almost unnoticeable because of the texture of the weave), and some minor pen marks on the lining by the primary interior pocket. Because of these flaws, I'm asking

just $30 > 28, or offer.

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/4
Sleeve: 25 (+2)
Shoulder: 19 3/4
Length: 30 1/2

IaSummerTrad026.jpg

9) Bacrach mini-houndstooth suit Canvassed

This suit is probably a three season suit, with the excluded season being winter, rather than summer! It's a mini-houndstooth with full lining, single vent, and half-canvassing. The trousers are pleated, as shown, and the suit itself is a standard two-button darted. It was Made in Canada, and is in excellent condition with the exception of a single thread pull on the lapel, as shown--this is hardly noticeable and in any case is an easy fix.

Asking $25 > 20, or offer.

Tagged a 40 33R, the measurements are:

Chest: 21 1/2
Sleeve: 26 1/2 (+2)
Shoulder: 19 1/2
Length: 30 1/2

Waist, laid flat: 17 1/2
Inseam: 33 (+ 1 1/4 cuff)

32rollrockjackets028.jpg

Attachments

• jacketcuffs 004.JPG
    jacketcuffs 004.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: The 36S DAKS jacket comes complete with its original set of spare buttons in the inside chest pocket! There's no fabric content listed, but it's clearly wool.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jackets are measured from the BOTTOM of the collar. Thanks for your interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads